GREAT FALLS, Montana — Kevin Thompson singled in the go-ahead run in the top of the eighth inning for Ogden, giving the Raptors a 7-6 lead after plating four during their half of the inning. They couldn't make that lead hold up, however, as Great Falls came back with four runs in the bottom half of the inning.
Three Raptors finished with three hits. Jeremy Rathjen got three hits, including a double, Devin Shines hit two doubles in his three-hit night, and Jesus Valdez hit three singles.
OWLZ 9, MUSTANGS 8 (11 INNINGS): At Orem, The Owlz finally prevailed after Kyle Johnson got the dramatic walk-off hit-by-pitch in the bottom of the 11th.
Sherman Johnson walked to get the rally going, and advanced to third on a bad pick-off attempt. Jarrod Parks was hit by a pitch, and Wade Hinkle was intentionally walked after a wild pitch sent Parks to second, setting up Kyle Johnson's heroics to end the 3 1/2- hour marathon game.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28