The popular point guard signed a four-year, $30 million contract, which can rise to $34 million with incentives, to come back to Phoenix, bolstered by his play as a starter for 28 games with the Houston Rockets last season.
PERKINS HAS SURGERY: Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins had surgery for a ligament tear in his left wrist.
Perkins was injured in the Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs and played through the injury as the Thunder lost to the Miami Heat in the NBA finals. The nine-year veteran is expected to be ready for next season.
PASS THE MAYO — TO DALLAS: The Dallas Mavericks have announced the signing of O.J. Mayo three days after the free agent shooting guard posted a message on his Twitter account that he was joining the team.
In a statement released Thursday the Mavericks said they weren't disclosing the terms of the deal with the 6-foot-4, 210-pound West Virginian.
Mayo averaged 15.2 points in 301 games over the past four seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies. He was the third overall pick in the 2008 draft by Minnesota, who then traded him to Memphis in a seven-player deal.
RADMANOVIC SIGNS WITH BULLS: Free agent forward Vladimir Radmanovic has agreed to a contract with the Chicago Bulls.
An 11-year veteran, he appeared in 49 games for Atlanta last season and averaged 4.5 points while seeing his playing time decrease. Originally drafted by Seattle in 2001, the 31-year old Radmanovic has played for six teams and averaged 8.2 points.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36