BOUNTIFUL — A family reunion for the descendants of David and Patty Barlett Sessions will be July 21 at the chapel at 250 S. Main St., Bountiful.
Registration is at 8 a.m. Donna Toland Smart, author of "Mormon Midwife: Patty Bartlett Sessions," will speak at 9 a.m. Smart was awarded the David W. and Beatrice C. Evans Handcart Award from Utah State University for the biography.
The reunion will include time to share biographical research, including displays, photographs and genealogical records, and break-out sessions for each branch of the family.
Patty and David Sessions arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in September 1847 and their children include Perrigrine, Sylvia and David Jr. The family lived at North Temple on 400 West and they later moved to Bountiful.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 155
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 33
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 22
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8