BOUNTIFUL — A family reunion for the descendants of David and Patty Barlett Sessions will be July 21 at the chapel at 250 S. Main St., Bountiful.
Registration is at 8 a.m. Donna Toland Smart, author of "Mormon Midwife: Patty Bartlett Sessions," will speak at 9 a.m. Smart was awarded the David W. and Beatrice C. Evans Handcart Award from Utah State University for the biography.
The reunion will include time to share biographical research, including displays, photographs and genealogical records, and break-out sessions for each branch of the family.
Patty and David Sessions arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in September 1847 and their children include Perrigrine, Sylvia and David Jr. The family lived at North Temple on 400 West and they later moved to Bountiful.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 65
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7