BOUNTIFUL — A family reunion for the descendants of David and Patty Barlett Sessions will be July 21 at the chapel at 250 S. Main St., Bountiful.
Registration is at 8 a.m. Donna Toland Smart, author of "Mormon Midwife: Patty Bartlett Sessions," will speak at 9 a.m. Smart was awarded the David W. and Beatrice C. Evans Handcart Award from Utah State University for the biography.
The reunion will include time to share biographical research, including displays, photographs and genealogical records, and break-out sessions for each branch of the family.
Patty and David Sessions arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in September 1847 and their children include Perrigrine, Sylvia and David Jr. The family lived at North Temple on 400 West and they later moved to Bountiful.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 99
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 11
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 8
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5