BOUNTIFUL — A family reunion for the descendants of David and Patty Barlett Sessions will be July 21 at the chapel at 250 S. Main St., Bountiful.
Registration is at 8 a.m. Donna Toland Smart, author of "Mormon Midwife: Patty Bartlett Sessions," will speak at 9 a.m. Smart was awarded the David W. and Beatrice C. Evans Handcart Award from Utah State University for the biography.
The reunion will include time to share biographical research, including displays, photographs and genealogical records, and break-out sessions for each branch of the family.
Patty and David Sessions arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in September 1847 and their children include Perrigrine, Sylvia and David Jr. The family lived at North Temple on 400 West and they later moved to Bountiful.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5