BOUNTIFUL — A family reunion for the descendants of David and Patty Barlett Sessions will be July 21 at the chapel at 250 S. Main St., Bountiful.
Registration is at 8 a.m. Donna Toland Smart, author of "Mormon Midwife: Patty Bartlett Sessions," will speak at 9 a.m. Smart was awarded the David W. and Beatrice C. Evans Handcart Award from Utah State University for the biography.
The reunion will include time to share biographical research, including displays, photographs and genealogical records, and break-out sessions for each branch of the family.
Patty and David Sessions arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in September 1847 and their children include Perrigrine, Sylvia and David Jr. The family lived at North Temple on 400 West and they later moved to Bountiful.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals to love
- Adult coloring books get niched: Color me...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 28
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10