ABC's 'Bachelorette' star discussed faith with finalist raised in a Mormon family
Our take: On air, little has been said about the religious beliefs of "The Bachelorette" star Emily Maynard and the men she's dated. However, Maynard, a Christian, says she's had off-camera discussions with several of the bachelors about faith including finalist Jef Holm, who was raised in a Latter-day Saint family but says he is not an "active Mormon."
Emily Maynard, star of "The Bachelorette," said she did have a talk about religion with one of the finalists who is a Mormon.
"I talked about faith and that's a huge part of my life. There's no way I can fall in love and potentially get engaged without having that conversation," said Maynard, who has been open about her Christian faith, to the LA Times on Monday.
"He (Jef Holm) was very open and honest about everything."
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Picturing history: Seymour Brunson grave in...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending my...
- What's new: 'Sisters, Arise!' shares...
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 15
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- BYU-Hawaii students are 'entering to... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Picturing history: Seymour Brunson... 1
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 1
- LDS Church moves volunteers from Turkey... 1