ABC's 'Bachelorette' star discussed faith with finalist raised in a Mormon family
Our take: On air, little has been said about the religious beliefs of "The Bachelorette" star Emily Maynard and the men she's dated. However, Maynard, a Christian, says she's had off-camera discussions with several of the bachelors about faith including finalist Jef Holm, who was raised in a Latter-day Saint family but says he is not an "active Mormon."
Emily Maynard, star of "The Bachelorette," said she did have a talk about religion with one of the finalists who is a Mormon.
"I talked about faith and that's a huge part of my life. There's no way I can fall in love and potentially get engaged without having that conversation," said Maynard, who has been open about her Christian faith, to the LA Times on Monday.
"He (Jef Holm) was very open and honest about everything."
- LDS Church posts article about the history of...
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- Mormon missionary David Archuleta performs at...
- Mormon teen's testimony shines in her music
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher watches...
- The Piano Guys: 4 dads on a mission
- Top stories of the year: Mormons who made...
- Most Americans celebrate Christmas, but not...
- LDS Church posts article about the... 67
- Off-hand remark by FOX host sparks... 54
- Nearly 82,000 LDS missionaries now, new... 29
- Ask Angela: I don't know how to tell my... 27
- Mormons score highest on 'Religious... 21
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 17
- Mormon missionary David Archuleta... 13
- Cross supporters hold out hope in... 11