ABC's 'Bachelorette' star discussed faith with finalist raised in a Mormon family
Our take: On air, little has been said about the religious beliefs of "The Bachelorette" star Emily Maynard and the men she's dated. However, Maynard, a Christian, says she's had off-camera discussions with several of the bachelors about faith including finalist Jef Holm, who was raised in a Latter-day Saint family but says he is not an "active Mormon."
Emily Maynard, star of "The Bachelorette," said she did have a talk about religion with one of the finalists who is a Mormon.
"I talked about faith and that's a huge part of my life. There's no way I can fall in love and potentially get engaged without having that conversation," said Maynard, who has been open about her Christian faith, to the LA Times on Monday.
"He (Jef Holm) was very open and honest about everything."
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 64
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 15
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Young performing LDS missionary shares... 3