ABC's 'Bachelorette' star discussed faith with finalist raised in a Mormon family
Our take: On air, little has been said about the religious beliefs of "The Bachelorette" star Emily Maynard and the men she's dated. However, Maynard, a Christian, says she's had off-camera discussions with several of the bachelors about faith including finalist Jef Holm, who was raised in a Latter-day Saint family but says he is not an "active Mormon."
Emily Maynard, star of "The Bachelorette," said she did have a talk about religion with one of the finalists who is a Mormon.
"I talked about faith and that's a huge part of my life. There's no way I can fall in love and potentially get engaged without having that conversation," said Maynard, who has been open about her Christian faith, to the LA Times on Monday.
"He (Jef Holm) was very open and honest about everything."
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- Mormon family featured on Boston's WCVB...
- Match the Relief Society presidents to their...
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as she...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 80
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 70
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 35
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 21