Dance troupe plans to minister at the Olympics through spiritual movement
Our take: With the 2012 London Olympic games just a few weeks away, many Christians living in London have been making plans to spread the gospel in a variety of ways to visitors who will be in town for the games. Operation Mobilization's Lifehope division plans to evangelize through their ministry, DanceLink, a group that uses dance and performance arts to share the love of Jesus. A team of eight dancers, five from the U.S., one from the Netherlands, one from France and one from Wales, have been preparing a number of pieces to help open people up to hearing the gospel by engaging them with the beauty of dance.
As Olympics outreaches gear up, Operation Mobilization is sending for dancing evangelists, of sorts.
DanceLink, a ministry of OM Arts, functions at OM Lifehope as a creative avenue for dancers to share the love of Jesus in a variety of styles and settings. With a dedication to pursing excellence, dancers at OM Lifehope have the opportunity to collaborate, rehearse and perform in outreaches throughout the UK and Europe.
OM Lifehopes dance ministry leader, Amy Williams, shares about Dancelink, the Olympics outreach and the future.
Tell us about the start of Dancelink at Lifehope.
We have spent the last several months starting to find our feet. We did the Easter outreach with one local church, weve worked with a girls club in a Muslim area of Birmingham and weve worked with a local youth group. Those have been workshop style, so teaching basics in one of the genres of dance.
With the Lifehope community outreach participants, we have a little more time, so weve been able to talk through the heart of dance. Why do we dance? How do we use it as a form of worship? None of them really had any dance experience, so it was a brand-new area for them to explore. Wed like to develop the program more fully, to partner with the community outreach program and make the dance component really take off.
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- Pianist Paul Cardall visits LDS Adriatic...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 61
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 18
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Wheaton provost apologizes to Larycia... 11
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- LDS missionary department leader: Zika... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 5