WHITE SOX 7, RED SOX 5: At Boston, Kevin Youkilis hit his first homer at Fenway Park as a visitor, driving a three-run shot over the Green Monster to lead Chicago to its eighth win in 11 games.
YANKEES 6, BLUE JAYS 1: At New York, CC Sabathia carried a shutout into the seventh inning during his sparkling return from the disabled list and New York got an early three-run homer from Andruw Jones to move a season-best 22 games over .500 and the best record in the majors.
RAYS 4, INDIANS 2: At St. Petersburg, Fla., Carlos Pena and Luke Scott gave Tampa Bay an early lead and Matt Moore won despite control issues.
MARINERS 9, ROYALS 6: At Kansas City, Mo., Justin Smoak and Michael Saunders hit two-run homers and Seattle got at least one hit from every starter.
TWINS 6, ORIOLES 4: At Minneapolis, Joe Mauer had three hits and an RBI and Minnesota got 42/3 innings of scoreless relief from its bullpen.
RANGERS 6, ATHLETICS 1: At Oakland, Calif., Roy Oswalt baffled Oakland's batters to beat the Athletics for the first time, and Josh Hamilton and Adrian Beltre each hit solo home runs.
NATIONALS 5, METS 4: At Washington, Pedro Beato threw a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the 10th inning that allowed the winning run to score,.
REDS 4, DIAMONDBACKS 0: At Cincinnati, Johnny Cueto showed no signs of being bothered by a finger blister during six shutout innings, and Ryan Ludwick hit a three-run homer.
GIANTS 9, BRAVES 0: At Atlanta, Georgia native Buster Posey drove in five runs with three hits and Barry Zito combined with two relievers on a five-hitter for San Francisco.
MARLINS 9, CUBS 5: At Chicago, Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and Miami beat the Cubs to give Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
BREWERS 3, CARDINALS 2: At Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez picked up a save on his first night as Milwaukee's new closer and Randy Wolf won his first game since April 30.
PIRATES 6, ROCKIES 2: At Denver, Erik Bedard pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first win in more than a month and Pittsburgh became the fifth team with at least 50 wins.
PADRES 8, ASTROS 2: At San Diego, Yonder Alonso drove in three runs to lead the Padres.
PHILLIES 3, DODGERS 2: At Los Angeles, Hunter Pence hit a two-run single in the eighth to lift the Phillies.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33