WHITE SOX 7, RED SOX 5: At Boston, Kevin Youkilis hit his first homer at Fenway Park as a visitor, driving a three-run shot over the Green Monster to lead Chicago to its eighth win in 11 games.
YANKEES 6, BLUE JAYS 1: At New York, CC Sabathia carried a shutout into the seventh inning during his sparkling return from the disabled list and New York got an early three-run homer from Andruw Jones to move a season-best 22 games over .500 and the best record in the majors.
RAYS 4, INDIANS 2: At St. Petersburg, Fla., Carlos Pena and Luke Scott gave Tampa Bay an early lead and Matt Moore won despite control issues.
MARINERS 9, ROYALS 6: At Kansas City, Mo., Justin Smoak and Michael Saunders hit two-run homers and Seattle got at least one hit from every starter.
TWINS 6, ORIOLES 4: At Minneapolis, Joe Mauer had three hits and an RBI and Minnesota got 42/3 innings of scoreless relief from its bullpen.
RANGERS 6, ATHLETICS 1: At Oakland, Calif., Roy Oswalt baffled Oakland's batters to beat the Athletics for the first time, and Josh Hamilton and Adrian Beltre each hit solo home runs.
NATIONALS 5, METS 4: At Washington, Pedro Beato threw a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the 10th inning that allowed the winning run to score,.
REDS 4, DIAMONDBACKS 0: At Cincinnati, Johnny Cueto showed no signs of being bothered by a finger blister during six shutout innings, and Ryan Ludwick hit a three-run homer.
GIANTS 9, BRAVES 0: At Atlanta, Georgia native Buster Posey drove in five runs with three hits and Barry Zito combined with two relievers on a five-hitter for San Francisco.
MARLINS 9, CUBS 5: At Chicago, Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and Miami beat the Cubs to give Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
BREWERS 3, CARDINALS 2: At Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez picked up a save on his first night as Milwaukee's new closer and Randy Wolf won his first game since April 30.
PIRATES 6, ROCKIES 2: At Denver, Erik Bedard pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first win in more than a month and Pittsburgh became the fifth team with at least 50 wins.
PADRES 8, ASTROS 2: At San Diego, Yonder Alonso drove in three runs to lead the Padres.
PHILLIES 3, DODGERS 2: At Los Angeles, Hunter Pence hit a two-run single in the eighth to lift the Phillies.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Coach Steve Kerr: Warriors on brink but ready...
- San Jose Sharks head to 1st Cup final after...
- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp...
- Baylor to fire football coach Art Briles,...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 41
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 35
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU... 19