WHITE SOX 7, RED SOX 5: At Boston, Kevin Youkilis hit his first homer at Fenway Park as a visitor, driving a three-run shot over the Green Monster to lead Chicago to its eighth win in 11 games.
YANKEES 6, BLUE JAYS 1: At New York, CC Sabathia carried a shutout into the seventh inning during his sparkling return from the disabled list and New York got an early three-run homer from Andruw Jones to move a season-best 22 games over .500 and the best record in the majors.
RAYS 4, INDIANS 2: At St. Petersburg, Fla., Carlos Pena and Luke Scott gave Tampa Bay an early lead and Matt Moore won despite control issues.
MARINERS 9, ROYALS 6: At Kansas City, Mo., Justin Smoak and Michael Saunders hit two-run homers and Seattle got at least one hit from every starter.
TWINS 6, ORIOLES 4: At Minneapolis, Joe Mauer had three hits and an RBI and Minnesota got 42/3 innings of scoreless relief from its bullpen.
RANGERS 6, ATHLETICS 1: At Oakland, Calif., Roy Oswalt baffled Oakland's batters to beat the Athletics for the first time, and Josh Hamilton and Adrian Beltre each hit solo home runs.
NATIONALS 5, METS 4: At Washington, Pedro Beato threw a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the 10th inning that allowed the winning run to score,.
REDS 4, DIAMONDBACKS 0: At Cincinnati, Johnny Cueto showed no signs of being bothered by a finger blister during six shutout innings, and Ryan Ludwick hit a three-run homer.
GIANTS 9, BRAVES 0: At Atlanta, Georgia native Buster Posey drove in five runs with three hits and Barry Zito combined with two relievers on a five-hitter for San Francisco.
MARLINS 9, CUBS 5: At Chicago, Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and Miami beat the Cubs to give Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
BREWERS 3, CARDINALS 2: At Milwaukee, Francisco Rodriguez picked up a save on his first night as Milwaukee's new closer and Randy Wolf won his first game since April 30.
PIRATES 6, ROCKIES 2: At Denver, Erik Bedard pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first win in more than a month and Pittsburgh became the fifth team with at least 50 wins.
PADRES 8, ASTROS 2: At San Diego, Yonder Alonso drove in three runs to lead the Padres.
PHILLIES 3, DODGERS 2: At Los Angeles, Hunter Pence hit a two-run single in the eighth to lift the Phillies.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45