Utah football: A quarterback named Manning commits to the Utes
SALT LAKE CITY — Conner Manning, a record-setting quarterback from El Toro High School in Lake Forest, Calif., has given Utah an early recruiting commitment.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound senior-to-be threw for 4,129 yards last year to surpass current USC quarterback Matt Barkley as Orange County high school football's single-season passing leader.
Manning led El Toro to a 12-2 record and a berth in the CIF Southern Section Southwest finals while throwing 41 touchdown passes. He was intercepted just eight times.
"I'm just blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of this Utah program and I'm very excited to see what my future holds," Manning said.
Manning noted that he developed a good relationship with assistant coach Aaron Roderick during the recruiting process and is looking forward to being a Pac-12 quarterback. He's still working on details concerning his future, including the possibility of enrolling early.
In addition to Manning, Utah's 2013 recruiting class also includes defensive end Sam Tevi (Euless Trinity HS, Texas); defensive end Myron Aiava (6-5, 270, Westminster HS, Calif.); tight end Siale Fakailoatonga (6-4, 215, Cottonwood HS); offensive lineman Lo Falemaka (6-4, 230, Cottonwood HS); linebacker Felipo Mokofisi (6-3, 210, Woods Cross HS); and offensive lineman LeRoy Tanoai (6-4, 280, Notre Dame HS, Calif.).
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14