Our take: The city of Sao Paulo, Brazil, was the location of an annual "March of Jesus" where evangelical Christians from all denominations come together to participate in events that are designed to bring focus to Christ. Currently, evangelical Christianity is the fastest growing religious segment in Brazil, according to the 2010 census, although Catholicism is still the nation's predominate religion. This year, the annual "March of Jesus" drew more than 1 million participants.
More than 1 million evangelical Christians participated in the annual "March for Jesus" in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Saturday.
"The number of people participating is extremely high at least 1 million," The Associated Press quoted Police Capt. Luis Fernando Otaviano as saying of the annual march in Sao Paulo.
Like each year, hundreds of Protestant churches and non-denominational groups took part in the march, which was organized by the Reborn in Christ Church and included religious music shows and messages from pastors and preachers, to, what organizers say, "lift up Jesus."
Brazil's evangelical population is exploding, jumping from 6.6 percent to 22.2 percent of the overall Brazilian population, according to the 2010 census. This means that evangelical Christianity is the fastest growing religious segment in Brazil.
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 24
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 18
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 17
- Christian ministers sue city over... 13