Our take: The city of Sao Paulo, Brazil, was the location of an annual "March of Jesus" where evangelical Christians from all denominations come together to participate in events that are designed to bring focus to Christ. Currently, evangelical Christianity is the fastest growing religious segment in Brazil, according to the 2010 census, although Catholicism is still the nation's predominate religion. This year, the annual "March of Jesus" drew more than 1 million participants.
More than 1 million evangelical Christians participated in the annual "March for Jesus" in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Saturday.
"The number of people participating is extremely high at least 1 million," The Associated Press quoted Police Capt. Luis Fernando Otaviano as saying of the annual march in Sao Paulo.
Like each year, hundreds of Protestant churches and non-denominational groups took part in the march, which was organized by the Reborn in Christ Church and included religious music shows and messages from pastors and preachers, to, what organizers say, "lift up Jesus."
Brazil's evangelical population is exploding, jumping from 6.6 percent to 22.2 percent of the overall Brazilian population, according to the 2010 census. This means that evangelical Christianity is the fastest growing religious segment in Brazil.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2