Utah Jazz: Jazz named D-League affiliate of Reno Bighorns
SALT LAKE CITY — The Beehive State now has a tie to The Biggest Little City in the World.
The Reno Bighorns have been named as the D-League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, the NBA announced Tuesday. The Bighorns also have affiliations with the Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings in the 2012-13 season.
After the Utah Flash folded, Utah was affiliated with the Idaho Stampede for a season. But the Boise-based club became the sole affiliate of the Portland Trail Blazers this past spring, forcing the Jazz to find a new partner.
The Bighorns are the Jazz's fourth D-League affiliate. Utah was originally aligned with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in 2005-06, followed by the Stampede in 2006-07, the Flash from 2007-11 and Idaho again last year.
Utah has assigned five different players on 15 assignments, and the Jazz have called up eight players since 2001-02. Point guard Blake Ahearn was the most recent D-League call-up after leading the D-League in scoring with the Bighorns.
Twenty-seven percent of NBA players have spent time in the 16-team D-League.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24