Utah Jazz: Jazz named D-League affiliate of Reno Bighorns
SALT LAKE CITY — The Beehive State now has a tie to The Biggest Little City in the World.
The Reno Bighorns have been named as the D-League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, the NBA announced Tuesday. The Bighorns also have affiliations with the Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings in the 2012-13 season.
After the Utah Flash folded, Utah was affiliated with the Idaho Stampede for a season. But the Boise-based club became the sole affiliate of the Portland Trail Blazers this past spring, forcing the Jazz to find a new partner.
The Bighorns are the Jazz's fourth D-League affiliate. Utah was originally aligned with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in 2005-06, followed by the Stampede in 2006-07, the Flash from 2007-11 and Idaho again last year.
Utah has assigned five different players on 15 assignments, and the Jazz have called up eight players since 2001-02. Point guard Blake Ahearn was the most recent D-League call-up after leading the D-League in scoring with the Bighorns.
Twenty-seven percent of NBA players have spent time in the 16-team D-League.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26