Utah Jazz: Jazz named D-League affiliate of Reno Bighorns
SALT LAKE CITY — The Beehive State now has a tie to The Biggest Little City in the World.
The Reno Bighorns have been named as the D-League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, the NBA announced Tuesday. The Bighorns also have affiliations with the Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings in the 2012-13 season.
After the Utah Flash folded, Utah was affiliated with the Idaho Stampede for a season. But the Boise-based club became the sole affiliate of the Portland Trail Blazers this past spring, forcing the Jazz to find a new partner.
The Bighorns are the Jazz's fourth D-League affiliate. Utah was originally aligned with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in 2005-06, followed by the Stampede in 2006-07, the Flash from 2007-11 and Idaho again last year.
Utah has assigned five different players on 15 assignments, and the Jazz have called up eight players since 2001-02. Point guard Blake Ahearn was the most recent D-League call-up after leading the D-League in scoring with the Bighorns.
Twenty-seven percent of NBA players have spent time in the 16-team D-League.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18