Utah Jazz: Jazz named D-League affiliate of Reno Bighorns
SALT LAKE CITY — The Beehive State now has a tie to The Biggest Little City in the World.
The Reno Bighorns have been named as the D-League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, the NBA announced Tuesday. The Bighorns also have affiliations with the Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings in the 2012-13 season.
After the Utah Flash folded, Utah was affiliated with the Idaho Stampede for a season. But the Boise-based club became the sole affiliate of the Portland Trail Blazers this past spring, forcing the Jazz to find a new partner.
The Bighorns are the Jazz's fourth D-League affiliate. Utah was originally aligned with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds in 2005-06, followed by the Stampede in 2006-07, the Flash from 2007-11 and Idaho again last year.
Utah has assigned five different players on 15 assignments, and the Jazz have called up eight players since 2001-02. Point guard Blake Ahearn was the most recent D-League call-up after leading the D-League in scoring with the Bighorns.
Twenty-seven percent of NBA players have spent time in the 16-team D-League.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 18