Ronald Martinez, Getty Images
PROVO — BYU receiver Cody Hoffman was named to the 2012 Biletnikoff Award Preseason Watch List on Tuesday.
The Tallahassee Quarterback Club (TQC) Foundation, Inc., the Florida-based creator and sponsor of the Biletnikoff Award, released the watch list. The award annually recognizes the outstanding receiver in college football.
A 6-foot-4, 208-pound native of Crescent City, Calif., Hoffman was a Phil Steele All-Independent First Team and FBS All-Independent Team selection in 2011, totaling 943 yards and 10 touchdowns on 61 receptions to lead BYU. He also became the BYU single-season leader in kickoff returns (36) and kickoff return yards (879). His 277 all-purpose yards against UCF, including a 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, is the sixth-best single game mark in BYU history.
The award recipient is selected by the Biletnikoff Award National Selection Committee, a group of over 180 prominent football journalists, commentators, and receivers. The 2012 winner will be presented live on Dec. 6, 2012, on The Home Depot College Football Awards Show to be broadcast from 7:30 - 9:30pm on ESPN.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 47
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45