Ronald Martinez, Getty Images
PROVO — BYU receiver Cody Hoffman was named to the 2012 Biletnikoff Award Preseason Watch List on Tuesday.
The Tallahassee Quarterback Club (TQC) Foundation, Inc., the Florida-based creator and sponsor of the Biletnikoff Award, released the watch list. The award annually recognizes the outstanding receiver in college football.
A 6-foot-4, 208-pound native of Crescent City, Calif., Hoffman was a Phil Steele All-Independent First Team and FBS All-Independent Team selection in 2011, totaling 943 yards and 10 touchdowns on 61 receptions to lead BYU. He also became the BYU single-season leader in kickoff returns (36) and kickoff return yards (879). His 277 all-purpose yards against UCF, including a 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, is the sixth-best single game mark in BYU history.
The award recipient is selected by the Biletnikoff Award National Selection Committee, a group of over 180 prominent football journalists, commentators, and receivers. The 2012 winner will be presented live on Dec. 6, 2012, on The Home Depot College Football Awards Show to be broadcast from 7:30 - 9:30pm on ESPN.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19