Courtesy Hill Cumorah Pageant Public Affairs, LDS Church News
Our take: Business Insider writer Grace Wyler recently took the opportunity to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by attending the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Wyler called the event "breathtaking" and considered the special effects "worthy of Broadway." See pictures of the production in Wyler's article.
PALMYRA, N.Y. — Curiosity and speculation about the Mormon religion has reached new heights this year, as the presidential candidacy of Mitt Romney sparks what amounts to a national intro course on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
For those looking for a crash course into the history of Mormonism and its beliefs, there is perhaps no better place than the annual Hill Cumorah pageant, an elaborate Mormon spectacle that takes place here every July.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 28
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9