Courtesy Hill Cumorah Pageant Public Affairs, LDS Church News
Our take: Business Insider writer Grace Wyler recently took the opportunity to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by attending the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Wyler called the event "breathtaking" and considered the special effects "worthy of Broadway." See pictures of the production in Wyler's article.
PALMYRA, N.Y. — Curiosity and speculation about the Mormon religion has reached new heights this year, as the presidential candidacy of Mitt Romney sparks what amounts to a national intro course on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
For those looking for a crash course into the history of Mormonism and its beliefs, there is perhaps no better place than the annual Hill Cumorah pageant, an elaborate Mormon spectacle that takes place here every July.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 44
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6