Courtesy Hill Cumorah Pageant Public Affairs, LDS Church News
Our take: Business Insider writer Grace Wyler recently took the opportunity to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by attending the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Wyler called the event "breathtaking" and considered the special effects "worthy of Broadway." See pictures of the production in Wyler's article.
PALMYRA, N.Y. — Curiosity and speculation about the Mormon religion has reached new heights this year, as the presidential candidacy of Mitt Romney sparks what amounts to a national intro course on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
For those looking for a crash course into the history of Mormonism and its beliefs, there is perhaps no better place than the annual Hill Cumorah pageant, an elaborate Mormon spectacle that takes place here every July.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir members react to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 284
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 79
- Religious groups react to Boy... 47
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 18
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10