TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Police say a gunman accused of firing into a crowded bar near the University of Alabama campus has been taken into custody.
Sgt. Brent Brankley did not release any other details about how the man was apprehended. A news conference was scheduled for 1 p.m. CDT.
Police say nearly a dozen people were wounded early Tuesday when the gunman opened fire at the bar. One person was critically hurt.
Police were also investigating whether the bar rampage was connected to a shooting about 45 minutes earlier at a home a couple of miles away. One person was wounded in that shooting.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10