Our take: With the 2012 London Olympic Games fast approaching, Christians living in London are also quickly increasing their efforts to spread their faith to as many people as they can reach. Through the Olympic Village Religious Services Centre, the Bible Society will provide commemorative English-language Bibles to athletes who will participate in the Olympics and Paralympics. The scriptures will also contain specially commissioned articles written to help athletes consider the relationships between sport and faith.
The Bible Society is readying thousands of copies of the Bible for distribution among athletes at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Olympic Village Religious Services Centre will be handing out 3,000 copies of commemorative English-language Scriptures.
Another 1,000 copies of Bibles and New Testaments will be available in other languages through partnerships with national Bible Societies around the world.
David Willson, chief executive of More Than Gold, said: "At past Olympics and other major sports events Ive seen athletes deeply grateful for the free gift of a Bible. Bible Society are to be highly commended for their support in making such gifts possible."
There are two Bibles being distributed in the English language - The Sports Good News Bible and The Sports Good News Gospel of Luke.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5