World's first Christian tablet gives Kindle Fire serious competition
Our take: Family Christian, the company that has created the world's first Christian tablet, has targeted Amazon's Kindle Fire as its main competition in the tablet world. The Android-based device is an e-reader but also features movie-watching capabilities, Christian radio stations, and even a Web browser with a family-friendly safe search" function.
Steve Jobs worshippers need not apply.
But if youre looking to get in Gods good graces, or youre simply in the market for a family-friendly tablet, you may want to check out Family Christian's Edifi.
Billed as the worlds first Christian tablet, its genesis came with the inevitable intersection of technology and religion, according to Brian Honorable, a technology supervisor at Family Christian, the group that sells the tablet.
We wanted to be able to offer our customers the ability to use our Holy Bible application, which has 27 different English translations of the Bible, Honorable told FoxNews.com in an interview.
It goes along with our mission: trying to get people closer to God through a tablet.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5