World's first Christian tablet gives Kindle Fire serious competition
Our take: Family Christian, the company that has created the world's first Christian tablet, has targeted Amazon's Kindle Fire as its main competition in the tablet world. The Android-based device is an e-reader but also features movie-watching capabilities, Christian radio stations, and even a Web browser with a family-friendly safe search" function.
Steve Jobs worshippers need not apply.
But if youre looking to get in Gods good graces, or youre simply in the market for a family-friendly tablet, you may want to check out Family Christian's Edifi.
Billed as the worlds first Christian tablet, its genesis came with the inevitable intersection of technology and religion, according to Brian Honorable, a technology supervisor at Family Christian, the group that sells the tablet.
We wanted to be able to offer our customers the ability to use our Holy Bible application, which has 27 different English translations of the Bible, Honorable told FoxNews.com in an interview.
It goes along with our mission: trying to get people closer to God through a tablet.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Families featured in 'Meet the Mormons' show...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 9
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Families featured in 'Meet the Mormons'... 7
- How your faith can impact your personal... 6