World's first Christian tablet gives Kindle Fire serious competition
Our take: Family Christian, the company that has created the world's first Christian tablet, has targeted Amazon's Kindle Fire as its main competition in the tablet world. The Android-based device is an e-reader but also features movie-watching capabilities, Christian radio stations, and even a Web browser with a family-friendly safe search" function.
Steve Jobs worshippers need not apply.
But if youre looking to get in Gods good graces, or youre simply in the market for a family-friendly tablet, you may want to check out Family Christian's Edifi.
Billed as the worlds first Christian tablet, its genesis came with the inevitable intersection of technology and religion, according to Brian Honorable, a technology supervisor at Family Christian, the group that sells the tablet.
We wanted to be able to offer our customers the ability to use our Holy Bible application, which has 27 different English translations of the Bible, Honorable told FoxNews.com in an interview.
It goes along with our mission: trying to get people closer to God through a tablet.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37