World's first Christian tablet gives Kindle Fire serious competition
Our take: Family Christian, the company that has created the world's first Christian tablet, has targeted Amazon's Kindle Fire as its main competition in the tablet world. The Android-based device is an e-reader but also features movie-watching capabilities, Christian radio stations, and even a Web browser with a family-friendly safe search" function.
Steve Jobs worshippers need not apply.
But if youre looking to get in Gods good graces, or youre simply in the market for a family-friendly tablet, you may want to check out Family Christian's Edifi.
Billed as the worlds first Christian tablet, its genesis came with the inevitable intersection of technology and religion, according to Brian Honorable, a technology supervisor at Family Christian, the group that sells the tablet.
We wanted to be able to offer our customers the ability to use our Holy Bible application, which has 27 different English translations of the Bible, Honorable told FoxNews.com in an interview.
It goes along with our mission: trying to get people closer to God through a tablet.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4