Deseret News archives
Congressman Jim Matheson recently voted to repeal Obamacare. But in January 2011, after being safely re-elected, he voted against repeal.
Looking back to 2010, Matheson cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare to bring it to the floor for a vote. Then, however, when it was obvious that his vote was not necessary for passage, he voted against the measure.
Where does Matheson really stand on the issue? It appears that depends on how close we are to the next election.
Rey W. Johnson
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- Letter: Access to health care
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Prisons bring much positive change
- Letter: Distance from religion