In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Letter: Access to health care
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Prisons bring much positive change
- Letter: Distance from religion