In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 45
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22