In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- John Florez: Audit reveals politicians'...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: 'Lost Boy of Sudan' shows how...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Letter: More informed decisions
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 77
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 37
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 30
- Letter: Give her time 26
- In our opinion: Overcome 'election... 24
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness... 23