In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Marijuana: The new miracle drug?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24