In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- President should not act without...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 37
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 20
- President should not act without... 19