In regard to the letter written by Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services ("Obamacare: What's at stake for Utah families," Readers' Forum, July 12):
Secretary Sebelius would bait us to support Obamacare so we can enjoy "free preventive care," "50 percent discounts," etc. These perks are not free. They are paid for via premiums and taxes. Unfortunately, because our country is already so far in debt, our government will continue to borrow money now and let our grandchildren pay it back later plan.
I support the effort to repeal Obamacare. Let us direct our attention to improving our health care system by innovation, education and self-reliance.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 102
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 29