RENO — Former Salt Lake catcher Ryan Budde drove in three runs to lead the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Bees on Sunday afternoon.
The Aces were leading 1-0 in the fourth when Budde delivered a two-out, two-run double off the left-field wall to make it 3-0. The Bees got back to within one with two runs in the sixth on an RBI double by Ryan Langerhans and a sacrifice fly by Cory Aldridge, but Reno added one in the sixth and another in the eighth on a run scoring ground out by Budde.
Starter Greg Smith (4-7) took the loss for the Bees, going 5 1?3 innings and allowed four runs, three earned, on seven hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Paul McAnulty led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run in the ninth inning. Efren Navarro also had two hits, as the Bees struggled with just one hit in ten at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21