RENO — Former Salt Lake catcher Ryan Budde drove in three runs to lead the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Bees on Sunday afternoon.
The Aces were leading 1-0 in the fourth when Budde delivered a two-out, two-run double off the left-field wall to make it 3-0. The Bees got back to within one with two runs in the sixth on an RBI double by Ryan Langerhans and a sacrifice fly by Cory Aldridge, but Reno added one in the sixth and another in the eighth on a run scoring ground out by Budde.
Starter Greg Smith (4-7) took the loss for the Bees, going 5 1?3 innings and allowed four runs, three earned, on seven hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Paul McAnulty led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run in the ninth inning. Efren Navarro also had two hits, as the Bees struggled with just one hit in ten at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33