RENO — Former Salt Lake catcher Ryan Budde drove in three runs to lead the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Bees on Sunday afternoon.
The Aces were leading 1-0 in the fourth when Budde delivered a two-out, two-run double off the left-field wall to make it 3-0. The Bees got back to within one with two runs in the sixth on an RBI double by Ryan Langerhans and a sacrifice fly by Cory Aldridge, but Reno added one in the sixth and another in the eighth on a run scoring ground out by Budde.
Starter Greg Smith (4-7) took the loss for the Bees, going 5 1?3 innings and allowed four runs, three earned, on seven hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Paul McAnulty led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run in the ninth inning. Efren Navarro also had two hits, as the Bees struggled with just one hit in ten at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26