RENO — Former Salt Lake catcher Ryan Budde drove in three runs to lead the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Bees on Sunday afternoon.
The Aces were leading 1-0 in the fourth when Budde delivered a two-out, two-run double off the left-field wall to make it 3-0. The Bees got back to within one with two runs in the sixth on an RBI double by Ryan Langerhans and a sacrifice fly by Cory Aldridge, but Reno added one in the sixth and another in the eighth on a run scoring ground out by Budde.
Starter Greg Smith (4-7) took the loss for the Bees, going 5 1?3 innings and allowed four runs, three earned, on seven hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Paul McAnulty led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run in the ninth inning. Efren Navarro also had two hits, as the Bees struggled with just one hit in ten at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36