RENO — Former Salt Lake catcher Ryan Budde drove in three runs to lead the Reno Aces to a 5-3 win over the Bees on Sunday afternoon.
The Aces were leading 1-0 in the fourth when Budde delivered a two-out, two-run double off the left-field wall to make it 3-0. The Bees got back to within one with two runs in the sixth on an RBI double by Ryan Langerhans and a sacrifice fly by Cory Aldridge, but Reno added one in the sixth and another in the eighth on a run scoring ground out by Budde.
Starter Greg Smith (4-7) took the loss for the Bees, going 5 1?3 innings and allowed four runs, three earned, on seven hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Paul McAnulty led the Bees with two hits, including a solo home run in the ninth inning. Efren Navarro also had two hits, as the Bees struggled with just one hit in ten at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34