"It's been a lot of fun for me to be part of Ryan's career, to watch him come up," he said. "We're probably closer today than we've ever been and that's because growing up I moved away and I was racing, to make a living. He was still a kid living at home. We didn't get to spend a lot of time together when he was young and we're kind of catching up on that now."
Ryan also runs into strangers who claim to have seen him at the New Hampshire track back when he was just a kid and his brother was competing.
"I grew up coming here and watching him race here and my dad. Pretty much every time I come up here, there's a new person that will come up and say that they remember when I was this big coming here," Ryan said, holding his hand about three feet above the floor.
"I have no idea who they are. It happened already again this week. Some guy said he used to come here and race with my dad. It's cool to come here. It kind of feels like a second home track."
The brothers were born in Mayetta, N.J., not far from Dover International Speedway.
That's where Martin Truex Jr. captured his first Sprint Cup win in 2007.
But now the Truex boys are in New Hampshire, a place of memorable events for both.
"Every time I come here I have fun," Ryan said.
Keselowski wins Nationwide race
LOUDON, N.H. (AP) — Brad Keselowski slipped in front when Kevin Harvick got into a traffic jam. Then Harvick got mad.
Keselowski took the checkered flag in Saturday's Nationwide race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway while Harvick fumed about the inexperienced driver who got in his way even though she had been lapped.
"It's somebody who shouldn't be on the racetrack, who has no clue what they're doing in the race car," Harvick said, directing his anger at Amber Cope. "She wants to be Danica Patrick, but she can't hold her helmet."
Keselowski capitalized when Harvick was forced to slow down with about 21 laps left in the 200-mile race at the one-mile oval, pulling ahead and winning by about six car lengths.
Keselowski led for the most laps, 131. Now he'd like to make it a double when he competes on Sunday in the Sprint Cup, where he's ninth in the standings with three wins, tied for the most with Tony Stewart.
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes are...
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball...
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak hires...
- Prep softball: Lehi whips Herriman twice to...
- High school boys soccer: Freshman lifts...
- High school baseball: Walker leads Pleasant...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 125
- Guest commentary: Want national... 66
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 45
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 39
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 36
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 30
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 20