Recouping wildfire costs: 17 years of recoveries from individuals, companies, organizations
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News archives
Utah is one of the most successful states in the nation at recovering the costs of fighting wildfires, though the costs recovered rarely equal the actual costs of fighting a wildfire.
The U.S. Attorney's Office in Utah has recovered nearly $17 million in the past 17 years from individuals, organizations and corporations found responsible for causing 47 wildfires in Utah. The following list details those collections.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27