Utah Jazz: Burks, Kanter lead Jazz summer league team over Pacers
All, Jarrod Rudolph
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz (3-1) continued to roll at the Orlando Summer League, beating the Indiana Pacers (2-2) 87-81 on Thursday.
The win was the third straight for the Jazz summer squad and, in the opinion of its coach, the Jazz's best performance of the week.
For the second straight game Utah showcased balanced scoring, with three players finishing in double figures and three other players scoring at least seven points. The win wasn't easy, but the team has continued to show improvement each game.
"We've definitely continued to improve," said Jazz Summer League coach Sidney Lowe. "We're doing the small things and that's what really counts. The execution of our offense and certain things on the defensive end of the floor have gotten better throughout the week."
Alec Burks continued his solid play, scoring 22 points and making several key plays late in the game to help the Jazz secure the win.
Enes Kanter also gave the Jazz a boost scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double. The two 2011 draftees have been the most consistent players for the team.
"They both have played well," Lowe said. "They're really the focal point of what we're doing."
DeMarre Carroll tested out his sore ankle, but was limited to only six minutes in the game. He'll be a game-time decision for Friday's game. The Jazz close out the Orlando Summer League against the Thunder.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 93
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33