Utah Jazz: Burks, Kanter lead Jazz summer league team over Pacers
All, Jarrod Rudolph
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz (3-1) continued to roll at the Orlando Summer League, beating the Indiana Pacers (2-2) 87-81 on Thursday.
The win was the third straight for the Jazz summer squad and, in the opinion of its coach, the Jazz's best performance of the week.
For the second straight game Utah showcased balanced scoring, with three players finishing in double figures and three other players scoring at least seven points. The win wasn't easy, but the team has continued to show improvement each game.
"We've definitely continued to improve," said Jazz Summer League coach Sidney Lowe. "We're doing the small things and that's what really counts. The execution of our offense and certain things on the defensive end of the floor have gotten better throughout the week."
Alec Burks continued his solid play, scoring 22 points and making several key plays late in the game to help the Jazz secure the win.
Enes Kanter also gave the Jazz a boost scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double. The two 2011 draftees have been the most consistent players for the team.
"They both have played well," Lowe said. "They're really the focal point of what we're doing."
DeMarre Carroll tested out his sore ankle, but was limited to only six minutes in the game. He'll be a game-time decision for Friday's game. The Jazz close out the Orlando Summer League against the Thunder.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41