Utah Jazz: Burks, Kanter lead Jazz summer league team over Pacers
All, Jarrod Rudolph
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz (3-1) continued to roll at the Orlando Summer League, beating the Indiana Pacers (2-2) 87-81 on Thursday.
The win was the third straight for the Jazz summer squad and, in the opinion of its coach, the Jazz's best performance of the week.
For the second straight game Utah showcased balanced scoring, with three players finishing in double figures and three other players scoring at least seven points. The win wasn't easy, but the team has continued to show improvement each game.
"We've definitely continued to improve," said Jazz Summer League coach Sidney Lowe. "We're doing the small things and that's what really counts. The execution of our offense and certain things on the defensive end of the floor have gotten better throughout the week."
Alec Burks continued his solid play, scoring 22 points and making several key plays late in the game to help the Jazz secure the win.
Enes Kanter also gave the Jazz a boost scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double. The two 2011 draftees have been the most consistent players for the team.
"They both have played well," Lowe said. "They're really the focal point of what we're doing."
DeMarre Carroll tested out his sore ankle, but was limited to only six minutes in the game. He'll be a game-time decision for Friday's game. The Jazz close out the Orlando Summer League against the Thunder.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25