Utah Jazz: Burks, Kanter lead Jazz summer league team over Pacers
All, Jarrod Rudolph
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz (3-1) continued to roll at the Orlando Summer League, beating the Indiana Pacers (2-2) 87-81 on Thursday.
The win was the third straight for the Jazz summer squad and, in the opinion of its coach, the Jazz's best performance of the week.
For the second straight game Utah showcased balanced scoring, with three players finishing in double figures and three other players scoring at least seven points. The win wasn't easy, but the team has continued to show improvement each game.
"We've definitely continued to improve," said Jazz Summer League coach Sidney Lowe. "We're doing the small things and that's what really counts. The execution of our offense and certain things on the defensive end of the floor have gotten better throughout the week."
Alec Burks continued his solid play, scoring 22 points and making several key plays late in the game to help the Jazz secure the win.
Enes Kanter also gave the Jazz a boost scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double. The two 2011 draftees have been the most consistent players for the team.
"They both have played well," Lowe said. "They're really the focal point of what we're doing."
DeMarre Carroll tested out his sore ankle, but was limited to only six minutes in the game. He'll be a game-time decision for Friday's game. The Jazz close out the Orlando Summer League against the Thunder.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21