Our take: Utah has had its own problems with "Spice," or synthetic marijuana, in the past, leading to a statewide ban on the substance. NPR reports on the difficulties of regulating this popular drug:
This week, President Obama signed a law banning synthetic marijuana and other synthetic drugs. Dozens of states and local governments have already tried to outlaw fake marijuana, which has been blamed for hundreds of emergency room visits and a handful of fatalities.
But the bans have proved largely ineffective, and there are fears that the federal law won't be any different.
What You May Have Missed
In World & Nation
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Colorado Mormons join other faiths in...
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- NYT: Utah one of 6 states President Obama has...
- 'Pain capable' abortion regulation makes...
- LeBron James helps Heat stave off Game 6...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- Facebook goes down, users flood Twitter
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 77
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 57
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 25
- NSA director says surveillance programs... 21
- Officials: NSA programs broke terrorist... 16
- NYT: Utah one of 6 states President... 16
- IRS official: Washington scrutinized... 15