Superstar Usher grieves for brain-dead stepson; family says 'God is in control'
Our take: Pop star Usher and his family are grieving for his 11-year old stepson, Kile, who was gravely injured in a watercraft accident a week ago. Usher, who raised the boy since he was a toddler, has been keeping vigil. According to reports, Kile, who was run over by a man riding a watercraft, has been declared brain-dead. However, his family has publicly declared a firm faith in God's providence as well as in the power of prayer to help them through their difficult situation.
Kile Glover, 11-year-old son of Tameka Foster who is going through a divorce with singer Usher Raymond, may have been declared brain dead after a recent accident involving water activities but the child's family is leaning on God and prayer to save him.
Glover was injured in an inner tube accident that took place in on Georgia's Lake Lanier Friday, when a man on a watercraft reportedly ran over him and a 15-year-old girl. Although the family did not disclose details about Foster's son, several media outlets have reported that he is suffering from brain damage after being in critical condition following the accident.
The boy's family released a statement to CNN on Tuesday, saying that they are remaining faithful in God.
"We know God's in control, and are leaning on our faith in Him and His word at this most difficult time," the family said in the statement. "We firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask that you all continue to pray and lift Kile up, as it's the best way we can all support him now."
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3