Enes Kanter, Jeremy Evans lead Jazz over Magic in summer league game
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz picked up their second straight win beating the Orlando Magic 79-75 in their third game of the Orlando Summer League. The Jazz were led by Enes Kanter's 12-point, 12-rebound performance. After dropping the first game, the team has looked more comfortable and played much better in its last two outings.
"Our offensive (system) is somewhat complicated," said Jazz Summer League Coach Jeff Hornacek. "It's taken a few days for guys to feel comfortable and I think that's helping them out."
With four players in double-figures, the Jazz were able to put together a balanced offensive attack than in the week's previous two games. Shooting 48 percent from the field, they improved their field goal percentage for the third straight game. It's safe to say the Jazz are getting better and feeling much more confident headed into the final two days of play.
But they're still looking to improve.
"I like to see continued improvement on the defensive end of the floor," Hornacek said. "We were doing some reaching and not getting our bodies in front of guys. Also we need to keep improving on the execution of the offense. We need to be a little tougher and fight to get positions where we want them."
Jeremy Evans also gave the Jazz a big lift, scoring 13 points, many coming by way of spectacular dunks.
"You don't have to run any plays for him," Hornacek said. "He's just out there being active, playing about the rim and staying active. He loves to play and we're happy that he signed back with us."
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39