Enes Kanter, Jeremy Evans lead Jazz over Magic in summer league game
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz picked up their second straight win beating the Orlando Magic 79-75 in their third game of the Orlando Summer League. The Jazz were led by Enes Kanter's 12-point, 12-rebound performance. After dropping the first game, the team has looked more comfortable and played much better in its last two outings.
"Our offensive (system) is somewhat complicated," said Jazz Summer League Coach Jeff Hornacek. "It's taken a few days for guys to feel comfortable and I think that's helping them out."
With four players in double-figures, the Jazz were able to put together a balanced offensive attack than in the week's previous two games. Shooting 48 percent from the field, they improved their field goal percentage for the third straight game. It's safe to say the Jazz are getting better and feeling much more confident headed into the final two days of play.
But they're still looking to improve.
"I like to see continued improvement on the defensive end of the floor," Hornacek said. "We were doing some reaching and not getting our bodies in front of guys. Also we need to keep improving on the execution of the offense. We need to be a little tougher and fight to get positions where we want them."
Jeremy Evans also gave the Jazz a big lift, scoring 13 points, many coming by way of spectacular dunks.
"You don't have to run any plays for him," Hornacek said. "He's just out there being active, playing about the rim and staying active. He loves to play and we're happy that he signed back with us."
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5