Enes Kanter, Jeremy Evans lead Jazz over Magic in summer league game
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Utah Jazz picked up their second straight win beating the Orlando Magic 79-75 in their third game of the Orlando Summer League. The Jazz were led by Enes Kanter's 12-point, 12-rebound performance. After dropping the first game, the team has looked more comfortable and played much better in its last two outings.
"Our offensive (system) is somewhat complicated," said Jazz Summer League Coach Jeff Hornacek. "It's taken a few days for guys to feel comfortable and I think that's helping them out."
With four players in double-figures, the Jazz were able to put together a balanced offensive attack than in the week's previous two games. Shooting 48 percent from the field, they improved their field goal percentage for the third straight game. It's safe to say the Jazz are getting better and feeling much more confident headed into the final two days of play.
But they're still looking to improve.
"I like to see continued improvement on the defensive end of the floor," Hornacek said. "We were doing some reaching and not getting our bodies in front of guys. Also we need to keep improving on the execution of the offense. We need to be a little tougher and fight to get positions where we want them."
Jeremy Evans also gave the Jazz a big lift, scoring 13 points, many coming by way of spectacular dunks.
"You don't have to run any plays for him," Hornacek said. "He's just out there being active, playing about the rim and staying active. He loves to play and we're happy that he signed back with us."
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 47
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25