Our take: The Museum of the Bible, a non-profit organization representing a massive, privately-owned collection of ancient and highly valuable Bible artifacts, is sponsoring the creation of a Bible Museum to be opened in Washington, D.C. Scheduled for completion by 2016, the museum, which is backed by the same people who own the Hobby Lobby chain, will not only feature Biblical artifacts but will also showcase the history, contents and influence of the Bible for visitors to experience.
Fans of history and theology will be delighted to know that a massive Bible museum is slated to open in the nations capitol. Planners of the large-scale undertaking claim that the project will be complete and ready for Washington, D.C. residents and visitors, alike, within a four-year time frame.
The group behind the project, The Museum of the Bible, is a non-profit that represents the collection owned by the billionaire Green family, writes Religion News Service (RNS). The Greens, as weve previously reported, are well-known Christians who own a craft store chain called Hobby Lobby. While the location of the actual museum hasnt been leaked and an official name is yet to be released some details are known.
To begin, lets look at some of the elements that visitors can expect to encounter while at the museum.
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical of Big...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Photo gallery: Celebrating Easter across the...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- No. 1 on two charts, 'He is Risen' latest hit...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 23
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical... 23
- Wright Words: What do you tell a... 21
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge... 17
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million... 15
- Most voters favor prayer, minus Jesus,... 12