Our take: The Museum of the Bible, a non-profit organization representing a massive, privately-owned collection of ancient and highly valuable Bible artifacts, is sponsoring the creation of a Bible Museum to be opened in Washington, D.C. Scheduled for completion by 2016, the museum, which is backed by the same people who own the Hobby Lobby chain, will not only feature Biblical artifacts but will also showcase the history, contents and influence of the Bible for visitors to experience.
Fans of history and theology will be delighted to know that a massive Bible museum is slated to open in the nations capitol. Planners of the large-scale undertaking claim that the project will be complete and ready for Washington, D.C. residents and visitors, alike, within a four-year time frame.
The group behind the project, The Museum of the Bible, is a non-profit that represents the collection owned by the billionaire Green family, writes Religion News Service (RNS). The Greens, as weve previously reported, are well-known Christians who own a craft store chain called Hobby Lobby. While the location of the actual museum hasnt been leaked and an official name is yet to be released some details are known.
To begin, lets look at some of the elements that visitors can expect to encounter while at the museum.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- President Uchtdorf: 'Live the gospel joyful'
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly... 92
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Y. forum speaker focuses defending the... 6
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3