Our take: The Museum of the Bible, a non-profit organization representing a massive, privately-owned collection of ancient and highly valuable Bible artifacts, is sponsoring the creation of a Bible Museum to be opened in Washington, D.C. Scheduled for completion by 2016, the museum, which is backed by the same people who own the Hobby Lobby chain, will not only feature Biblical artifacts but will also showcase the history, contents and influence of the Bible for visitors to experience.
Fans of history and theology will be delighted to know that a massive Bible museum is slated to open in the nations capitol. Planners of the large-scale undertaking claim that the project will be complete and ready for Washington, D.C. residents and visitors, alike, within a four-year time frame.
The group behind the project, The Museum of the Bible, is a non-profit that represents the collection owned by the billionaire Green family, writes Religion News Service (RNS). The Greens, as weve previously reported, are well-known Christians who own a craft store chain called Hobby Lobby. While the location of the actual museum hasnt been leaked and an official name is yet to be released some details are known.
To begin, lets look at some of the elements that visitors can expect to encounter while at the museum.
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Reader voices: Memories of the Golden Toaster...
- A sister missionary shares lessons in...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 118
- British judge hears arguments in case... 66
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 24
- Calif. city torn by multiple fights... 19
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of... 13
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as... 10
- Which bible do Americans read most? 10