Christian groups and faith-based events make an appearance at Comic-Con
Denis Poroy, File, Associated Press
Our take: Comic-Con, a massive pop culture event taking place in San Diego, draws thousands of avid comic lovers and people embracing the fantasy world of costumes and characters each year. For the 2012 event, the Christian Comic Arts Society will be present to not only promote faith-based products and facilitate networking, but it will also participate in several faith-based events like the annual "Spiritual Themes in Comics" panel to discuss topics relevant to all faiths that share a love for the spectrum of the comic book world.
The San Diego Comic-Con International is one of the largest pop-culture conventions in the entire world, and the Christian Comic Arts Society (CCAS) will be there later this week to offer a Christian presence at the event.
In addition to promoting various products, CCAS is also hosting a number of events at Comic-Con that are designed to engage Christian professionals and comic book fans alike. On Friday evening the organization is hosting its annual open mixer, where fans and professionals can gather together for the purposes of networking, fellowship and discussion about Christian comic books.
On Saturday evening the organization will host its annual "Spiritual Themes In Comics" panel. According to Buzz Dixon, a CCAS board member and writer of comic books, cartoons and novels, the organization has, in years past, invited panelists from a variety of faiths to discuss the topic.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 50
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 46
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 41
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 27
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17