Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- In our opinion: Closing the 'discipline gap'...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 42
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme... 29
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28