Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- My view: Immigration reform just makes sense,...
- George F. Will: Understanding our divisions:...
- Jay Evensen: Infatuated with his good looks,...
- About Utah: Biggest weekend of the year at...
- In our opinion: Enhancing safe haven support...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 59
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 56
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 53
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 48
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 31