Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32