Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31