Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 53
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 40
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27