Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial imbalance...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28