Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Letters: Threats justified
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- My view: Nothing sinister about Common Core
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- State pensions threaten to bleed states dry
- In our opinion: New leader in Iran, but...
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Supreme Court, Congress, citizens: The... 27
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- Letters: Threats justified 23
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 18
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17