Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Sen. Mike Lee: Let people, not courts, define...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Robert J. Samuelson: GOP looking to kill the...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Letter: Can Iran be trusted?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 156
- Sen. Mike Lee: Let people, not courts,... 93
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 51
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 49
- Letter: Can Iran be trusted? 39
- Robert J. Samuelson: GOP looking to... 36
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find... 32
- Letter: We can do better 28