Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Letter: Floundering economy
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Letter: Golden goose 31