Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am writing to express my opinion about the recently announced Sugar House streetcar Line.
Why do we need it? UTA presently provides bus service to Sugar House. This project is a waste of taxpayer money.
Just because someone has a nostalgic feeling for a streetcar line doesn't make it a viable project. Just because the federal government approved a grant to help fund the project doesn't make it right either.
Consider that this line will have to cross 300 West, State Street, 200 East, 3rd East, 500 East, 700 East and 900 East with crossing arms, lights and bells, let alone the traffic delays and potential for accidents.
The existing bus service is sufficient.
Bryce A. Merkley
Salt Lake City
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Move to the center
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21