Our take: With ten categories used to create a ranked list of America's top states for business, including: Quality of LIfe, Education, Business Friendliness and others, it's no wonder Utah came in second, after Texas.
We scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness. States received points based on their rankings in each metric.
Then, we separated those metrics into ten broad categories, weighting the categories based on how frequently they are cited in state economic development marketing materials. That way, our study ranks the states based on the criteria they use to sell themselves.
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right to...
- Report examines the needs of Utah's growing...
- Transportation plan focuses on mass transit...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- Summertime and TV are heating up with new,...
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Salt Lake County rents continue to climb 9
- Why the presidential candidate who... 3
- 1 number you should check each year to... 2
- Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya... 1
- Obama's trade agenda faces tougher odds... 1
- Summertime and TV are heating up with... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget... 1