Our take: With ten categories used to create a ranked list of America's top states for business, including: Quality of LIfe, Education, Business Friendliness and others, it's no wonder Utah came in second, after Texas.
We scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness. States received points based on their rankings in each metric.
Then, we separated those metrics into ten broad categories, weighting the categories based on how frequently they are cited in state economic development marketing materials. That way, our study ranks the states based on the criteria they use to sell themselves.
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Batman and the search for familial stability
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2