Our take: With ten categories used to create a ranked list of America's top states for business, including: Quality of LIfe, Education, Business Friendliness and others, it's no wonder Utah came in second, after Texas.
We scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness. States received points based on their rankings in each metric.
Then, we separated those metrics into ten broad categories, weighting the categories based on how frequently they are cited in state economic development marketing materials. That way, our study ranks the states based on the criteria they use to sell themselves.
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Review: 'Smash Bros.' makes brutality adorable
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Why the ugly sweater business is booming
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's... 1
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1