Our take: With ten categories used to create a ranked list of America's top states for business, including: Quality of LIfe, Education, Business Friendliness and others, it's no wonder Utah came in second, after Texas.
We scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness. States received points based on their rankings in each metric.
Then, we separated those metrics into ten broad categories, weighting the categories based on how frequently they are cited in state economic development marketing materials. That way, our study ranks the states based on the criteria they use to sell themselves.
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The Interview'...
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- Russians rush to stores to pre-empt price rises
- How grandparents can save for their...
- US consumer prices fall in November
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for time...
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over phone,...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 7
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Wells Fargo providing $15K grants to... 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3