Our take: With ten categories used to create a ranked list of America's top states for business, including: Quality of LIfe, Education, Business Friendliness and others, it's no wonder Utah came in second, after Texas.
We scored all 50 states on 51 measures of competitiveness developed with input from business groups including the National Association of Manufacturers and the Council on Competitiveness. States received points based on their rankings in each metric.
Then, we separated those metrics into ten broad categories, weighting the categories based on how frequently they are cited in state economic development marketing materials. That way, our study ranks the states based on the criteria they use to sell themselves.
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Sandy Improvement District providing sewer...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3
- Ground broken for transit-oriented... 3