With regard to the Murray Independence Day Parade, I would like to state very strongly that it was wholly inappropriate to have the "Fear Factory" contingency involved in what otherwise is a positive, family-oriented, patriotic celebration.
As a new resident to the state of Utah, known for its family-oriented climate, I was in disbelief.
Fear, terror, death, murder, horror, torture and gore, in any measure, are extremely unsuitable at any public event any time of year, especially at a family Fourth of July event.
I was upset and I could tell from the uncomfortable hush by all the spectators around us that the feeling was shared. Nearly 48 hours later, I am still fielding questions and concerns from my three young children about that offensive display.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 46
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 26
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 23
- Letter: A constant example 21
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 20
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17