With regard to the Murray Independence Day Parade, I would like to state very strongly that it was wholly inappropriate to have the "Fear Factory" contingency involved in what otherwise is a positive, family-oriented, patriotic celebration.
As a new resident to the state of Utah, known for its family-oriented climate, I was in disbelief.
Fear, terror, death, murder, horror, torture and gore, in any measure, are extremely unsuitable at any public event any time of year, especially at a family Fourth of July event.
I was upset and I could tell from the uncomfortable hush by all the spectators around us that the feeling was shared. Nearly 48 hours later, I am still fielding questions and concerns from my three young children about that offensive display.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 70
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 52
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 46
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 42
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 37
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 25
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19