Our take: Hollywood heavyweight Morgan Freeman has become a famous face through movies like "The Shawshank Redemption," "Lean on Me," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Bruce Almighty," a movie in which he played the role of God. In a recent interview, Freeman raised eyebrows when he told a reporter that he saw himself as God. To clarify, Freeman noted that his belief that he is God stems not from the idea that he is a deity, but that man created God, not the other way around, and the concept exists within him, making him his own God.
Oscar award-winning actor Morgan Freeman played the role of God convincingly in Bruce Almighty alongside Jim Carey back in 2003, but did you know that Freeman believes he actually is God?
Let us explain. While Freeman doesnt consider himself almighty or capable of working miracles, he has repeatedly given himself the title of God while explaining his extremely unique take on faith and the possible existence of a higher power.
In an interview with Fox411 earlier this week, Freeman was asked about his faith and whether he thinks there is a God. Some of his answers may surprise you.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Remember Him: Easter art show focuses on...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15
- How does the world feel about morals... 13