Our take: Hollywood heavyweight Morgan Freeman has become a famous face through movies like "The Shawshank Redemption," "Lean on Me," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Bruce Almighty," a movie in which he played the role of God. In a recent interview, Freeman raised eyebrows when he told a reporter that he saw himself as God. To clarify, Freeman noted that his belief that he is God stems not from the idea that he is a deity, but that man created God, not the other way around, and the concept exists within him, making him his own God.
Oscar award-winning actor Morgan Freeman played the role of God convincingly in Bruce Almighty alongside Jim Carey back in 2003, but did you know that Freeman believes he actually is God?
Let us explain. While Freeman doesnt consider himself almighty or capable of working miracles, he has repeatedly given himself the title of God while explaining his extremely unique take on faith and the possible existence of a higher power.
In an interview with Fox411 earlier this week, Freeman was asked about his faith and whether he thinks there is a God. Some of his answers may surprise you.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 56
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3