Our take: Hollywood heavyweight Morgan Freeman has become a famous face through movies like "The Shawshank Redemption," "Lean on Me," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Bruce Almighty," a movie in which he played the role of God. In a recent interview, Freeman raised eyebrows when he told a reporter that he saw himself as God. To clarify, Freeman noted that his belief that he is God stems not from the idea that he is a deity, but that man created God, not the other way around, and the concept exists within him, making him his own God.
Oscar award-winning actor Morgan Freeman played the role of God convincingly in Bruce Almighty alongside Jim Carey back in 2003, but did you know that Freeman believes he actually is God?
Let us explain. While Freeman doesnt consider himself almighty or capable of working miracles, he has repeatedly given himself the title of God while explaining his extremely unique take on faith and the possible existence of a higher power.
In an interview with Fox411 earlier this week, Freeman was asked about his faith and whether he thinks there is a God. Some of his answers may surprise you.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 40
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 26
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17