Our take: Hollywood heavyweight Morgan Freeman has become a famous face through movies like "The Shawshank Redemption," "Lean on Me," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Bruce Almighty," a movie in which he played the role of God. In a recent interview, Freeman raised eyebrows when he told a reporter that he saw himself as God. To clarify, Freeman noted that his belief that he is God stems not from the idea that he is a deity, but that man created God, not the other way around, and the concept exists within him, making him his own God.
Oscar award-winning actor Morgan Freeman played the role of God convincingly in Bruce Almighty alongside Jim Carey back in 2003, but did you know that Freeman believes he actually is God?
Let us explain. While Freeman doesnt consider himself almighty or capable of working miracles, he has repeatedly given himself the title of God while explaining his extremely unique take on faith and the possible existence of a higher power.
In an interview with Fox411 earlier this week, Freeman was asked about his faith and whether he thinks there is a God. Some of his answers may surprise you.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 78
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 32
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 23