Our take: Hollywood heavyweight Morgan Freeman has become a famous face through movies like "The Shawshank Redemption," "Lean on Me," "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Bruce Almighty," a movie in which he played the role of God. In a recent interview, Freeman raised eyebrows when he told a reporter that he saw himself as God. To clarify, Freeman noted that his belief that he is God stems not from the idea that he is a deity, but that man created God, not the other way around, and the concept exists within him, making him his own God.
Oscar award-winning actor Morgan Freeman played the role of God convincingly in Bruce Almighty alongside Jim Carey back in 2003, but did you know that Freeman believes he actually is God?
Let us explain. While Freeman doesnt consider himself almighty or capable of working miracles, he has repeatedly given himself the title of God while explaining his extremely unique take on faith and the possible existence of a higher power.
In an interview with Fox411 earlier this week, Freeman was asked about his faith and whether he thinks there is a God. Some of his answers may surprise you.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 42
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 30
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 19
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 12