Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 75
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 30
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 21
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18