Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 39
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 24
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 21
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 18