Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 76
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19