Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 50
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Character still matters in... 24
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 18
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 15
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 14
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11