Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27