Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 55
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 28
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27