Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
If you are one of those who was happy with the Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare, I doubt you comprehend what you're celebrating.
We've lived in two countries with government-run, socialized medicine. We witnessed a friend suffer total blindness for months waiting for her turn for the 15 minute cataract operation. When I had a reoccurring case of shingles, the only way I could get in for immediate care, which is critical when treating the ailment, was because we had our own American insurance and they accepted it.
If you welcomed the decision, you need to realize how much more it will be costing for this "free" medical care, if you are lucky enough to get it when you need it.
Grace G. Jones
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 63
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 42
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 36
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 18
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 15