Now that our Supreme Court has decreed that Obama's health care non-participation fee is actually a tax, what kind of a tax is it?
Since this tax is to be collected by the IRS directly from individuals who choose not to purchase health insurance, was there ever a more direct tax than this? Our founding fathers clearly would call Obama's fee, for citizen behavior the government deems unhealthy, a direct tax. But our Constitution clearly makes direct taxes imposed by the federal government illegal, therefore null and void. Wherefore, this non-participation tax works for Romneycare in Massachusetts, but not for Obamacare in the U.S.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Jay Evensen: Norm Bangerter was Utah's Harry...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27