Now that our Supreme Court has decreed that Obama's health care non-participation fee is actually a tax, what kind of a tax is it?
Since this tax is to be collected by the IRS directly from individuals who choose not to purchase health insurance, was there ever a more direct tax than this? Our founding fathers clearly would call Obama's fee, for citizen behavior the government deems unhealthy, a direct tax. But our Constitution clearly makes direct taxes imposed by the federal government illegal, therefore null and void. Wherefore, this non-participation tax works for Romneycare in Massachusetts, but not for Obamacare in the U.S.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19