Now that our Supreme Court has decreed that Obama's health care non-participation fee is actually a tax, what kind of a tax is it?
Since this tax is to be collected by the IRS directly from individuals who choose not to purchase health insurance, was there ever a more direct tax than this? Our founding fathers clearly would call Obama's fee, for citizen behavior the government deems unhealthy, a direct tax. But our Constitution clearly makes direct taxes imposed by the federal government illegal, therefore null and void. Wherefore, this non-participation tax works for Romneycare in Massachusetts, but not for Obamacare in the U.S.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 29
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Letter: Erratic protests 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24