Now that our Supreme Court has decreed that Obama's health care non-participation fee is actually a tax, what kind of a tax is it?
Since this tax is to be collected by the IRS directly from individuals who choose not to purchase health insurance, was there ever a more direct tax than this? Our founding fathers clearly would call Obama's fee, for citizen behavior the government deems unhealthy, a direct tax. But our Constitution clearly makes direct taxes imposed by the federal government illegal, therefore null and void. Wherefore, this non-participation tax works for Romneycare in Massachusetts, but not for Obamacare in the U.S.
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: Dismantle IRS
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21