Now that our Supreme Court has decreed that Obama's health care non-participation fee is actually a tax, what kind of a tax is it?
Since this tax is to be collected by the IRS directly from individuals who choose not to purchase health insurance, was there ever a more direct tax than this? Our founding fathers clearly would call Obama's fee, for citizen behavior the government deems unhealthy, a direct tax. But our Constitution clearly makes direct taxes imposed by the federal government illegal, therefore null and void. Wherefore, this non-participation tax works for Romneycare in Massachusetts, but not for Obamacare in the U.S.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28