BeBe Winans writes about friend, Whitney Houston's life and faith in God
Our take: Gospel singer BeBe Winans has written a new book detailing his friendship with the late pop star Whitney Houston, who died in February by drowning as a result of a drug overdose. Winans paints Houston as a woman who loved God, but struggled with surrendering her life to the faith she'd accepted.
Decorated singer Whitney Houston left her loyal fans throughout the world heartbroken when she passed away on Feb. 11. However, autopsy reports revealing that Houston had used several drugs including cocaine before her death threatened to put a cloud over her legacy as a multi-Grammy award winning artist with several chart topping albums.
Gospel Singer and personal friend to Houston, BeBe Winans hopes to unveil the New Jersey singer's true nature in his soon-to-be-released book "The Whitney I Knew".
The gospel legend and his family forged a friendship with Houston 28 years ago and maintained an open line of communication until her death. Brother Marvin Winans preached at Houston's funeral while he and sister CeCe Winans sang.
Now months after her death BeBe Winans writes that Houston was a devoted friend who loved people and God but was often "defiant" and "unruly."
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- Wright Words: LDS teacher mourns loss of two...
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical of Big...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical... 29
- Wright Words: What do you tell a... 24
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 23
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge... 21
- Normons: A site to prove just how... 19
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million... 16
- Most voters favor prayer, minus Jesus,... 14