Ill six-year-old girl receives communion thanks to Make-A-Wish Foundation
Our take: Six-year-old Bethzy Bran-Lopez suffers from a debilitating genetic disorder that has left her weak, frail and using an oxygen tank to survive. Two of her wishes were to receive communion in the Catholic church and to see her parents be married and with the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Bethzy experienced both on the same day. Although she was too physically exhausted to do much, Bethzy's faith was an inspiration to the family and friends who saw her proudly receive communion.
Making her first Holy Communion last weekend was truly a wish come true for Bethzy Bran-Lopez, a six-year-old girl from St. Agnes parish in Greenport, N.Y. with a tiny body and an enormous love for Jesus.
Struggling all her life from a genetic disorder, Bethzy is only the size of a toddler, weighing about 18 pounds. Her condition affects her lungs and heart, preventing her body from getting enough oxygen, so she is tethered to an oxygen tank by a tube inserted in her throat.
Yet, her family and friends refer to her as a ray of sunshine, who brings joy wherever she goes.
Bethzy loves the Disney princesses and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which fulfills wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses, would have sent her to the Magic Kingdom, but she is not well enough to travel.
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Wright Words: LDS teacher mourns loss of two...
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical of Big...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Faith untested as Americans skeptical... 29
- Wright Words: What do you tell a... 24
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ... 23
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge... 21
- Normons: A site to prove just how... 21
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million... 17
- Most voters favor prayer, minus Jesus,... 15