Voice of Chuck E. Cheese loses famous job but hopes people saw Christ in his work
Our take: Duncan Brannan, the voice of children's character and restaurant icon Chuck E. Cheese, was initially tasked with transforming the sometimes raunchy rat character into a family friendly mouse that kids could relate to. During his 20 years as the voice of Chuck E. Cheese, Brannan used his faith in Christ as a way to share the gospel with children and adults.
After serving as the voice of Chuck E. Cheese for nearly 20 years, Duncan Brannan learned recently that he has been replaced. Though shocked by the news, which the company allegedly failed to relay to him, Brannan has no hard feelings. In fact, he says all that matters is that he is a Christian.
"Regardless ... of how all this has transpired, God is faithful and worthy of praise," he stated last week.
Brannan went further to state that he hopes that everyone he interacted with as Chuck E. Cheese "experienced Christ" through him.
"For He is all that matters, now and for all eternity. I hope that you have seen Christ in me," he said in his message to fans.
Chuck E. Cheese's was founded in 1977 and touts its wholesome environment for families. The national chain offers both pizza and games for young children. Its signature mascot is a giant talking mouse. Brannan was the voice behind that character.
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 99
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 89
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 34
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16