Army Chaplain uses cutting-edge media to introduce Bible heroes to next generation
Our take: U.S. Army Chaplain Cliff Graham wrote his book series "The Lion of War" in the style of Mel Gibson's hit movie "Braveheart" to attract younger generations to Biblical heroes like King David and his warriors, calling them "The Navy Seals of the ancient world." Using cutting-edge media, Graham has turned his stories into cartoons and major motion pictures to encourage people to read the Bible to learn more for themselves.
How do you connect the next generation with the scriptures? One Army chaplain believes bringing ancient Bible heroes to life with 21st century media can do the job.
A cutting-edge media series, based on the book series The Lion of War, is introducing a new generation to the heroes of the Bible.
"It is the Gladiator/Braveheart take on King David and his warriors, which the Bible calls the mighty men," U.S. Army chaplain Cliff Graham, the books' author, told CBN News. "These were the Navy Seals of the ancient world."
Graham wrote these books with one thing in mind.
"We want to see a new generation of people come to love and have affection for the scriptures to realize it's not just a dusty old book, but it's alive and passionate and real and relevant to this very day," he explained.
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 54
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7