In 2013 Utah State will leave the Western Athletic Conference and join the Mountain West Conference. Eamonn Brennan at ESPN.com takes a look at what will be good and bad for the Aggies in the MWC.
But what about Utah State? Arguably the most underrated mid-major program west of the Mississippi, Stew Morrills Aggies have toiled in relative obscurity for much of the past decade, routinely fielding top teams (beloved by efficiency geeks everywhere) that have just as routinely been held back by affiliation with the WAC. Utah State has never been able to convince top programs to come to Logan for true road games, so it has often ended its seasons with lots of wins and little respect from the NCAA tournament selection committee.
Thats about to change.
What You May Have Missed
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 61
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 24
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 23
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13