Singer Cher takes heat for declaring admiration for Joel Osteen
Our take: Pop singer Cher lit up Twitter by declaring her admiration for Joel Osteen, pastor of the Lakewood Church in Texas, and has taken a number of hits from the gay community because of Osteen's public stance on homosexuality as a sin. Cher, who has become a figure of celebrity support for the LGBT community, called Osteen "cool", "upbeat" and "not preachy."
World-renowned pop star and actress Cher took to Twitter Monday night to sing her praises for inspirational speaker and pastor Joel Osteen, sparking a media frenzy by her large gay fan base, who challenge Osteen's belief that homosexuality is a sin.
"I love Joel Osteen, hes example of Christian! He makes Every1 feel welcome 2 his church no matter who they R!1st book like this I ever bought," Cher wrote, referencing one of Osteen's several inspirational books relating to spiritual guidance.
"I know this Sounds CRAZY Coming From ME,But he'Cool,UpBeat,wants u 2 have Fun,He'sFunny & Not Preachy! don't care if ppl think I'm UnCool!" She added shortly after.
One of Cher's fans then tweeted the famous singer, reminding her that Joel Osteen, an evangelical Christian, believes homosexuality is a sin.
Read more about Cher taking heat from fans for praising Joel Osteen on The Christian Post.
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 26
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 25
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 4
- Evangelicals back carbon reduction plan 3
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3