TUCSON, Ariz. — The Tucson Padres broke open a close game with seven runs over the seventh and eighth innings, helping them roll to a 10-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night.
Luis Jimenez' RBI double in the sixth got the Bees to within two runs at 3-1, but Tucson scored three runs, two earned, in the seventh and then plated four more in the eighth to put the game away.
Eric Hurley (7-7) took the loss for Salt Lake, as he went 61?3 innings and allowed six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with two strikeouts and one walk.
Meanwhile, the Bees managed just five hits off of three Tucson hurlers, including former Salt Lake pitcher Matt Palmer (5-4), who earned the win by giving up just one run on four hits. Jimenez' RBI double extended his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Matt Long singled in the fifth inning to extend his streak to six games.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Wednesday through Sunday vs. Tacoma
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20