TUCSON, Ariz. — The Tucson Padres broke open a close game with seven runs over the seventh and eighth innings, helping them roll to a 10-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night.
Luis Jimenez' RBI double in the sixth got the Bees to within two runs at 3-1, but Tucson scored three runs, two earned, in the seventh and then plated four more in the eighth to put the game away.
Eric Hurley (7-7) took the loss for Salt Lake, as he went 61?3 innings and allowed six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with two strikeouts and one walk.
Meanwhile, the Bees managed just five hits off of three Tucson hurlers, including former Salt Lake pitcher Matt Palmer (5-4), who earned the win by giving up just one run on four hits. Jimenez' RBI double extended his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Matt Long singled in the fifth inning to extend his streak to six games.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Wednesday through Sunday vs. Tacoma
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 100
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 35
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 28