TUCSON, Ariz. — The Tucson Padres broke open a close game with seven runs over the seventh and eighth innings, helping them roll to a 10-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night.
Luis Jimenez' RBI double in the sixth got the Bees to within two runs at 3-1, but Tucson scored three runs, two earned, in the seventh and then plated four more in the eighth to put the game away.
Eric Hurley (7-7) took the loss for Salt Lake, as he went 61?3 innings and allowed six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with two strikeouts and one walk.
Meanwhile, the Bees managed just five hits off of three Tucson hurlers, including former Salt Lake pitcher Matt Palmer (5-4), who earned the win by giving up just one run on four hits. Jimenez' RBI double extended his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Matt Long singled in the fifth inning to extend his streak to six games.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Wednesday through Sunday vs. Tacoma
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24