TUCSON, Ariz. — The Tucson Padres broke open a close game with seven runs over the seventh and eighth innings, helping them roll to a 10-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night.
Luis Jimenez' RBI double in the sixth got the Bees to within two runs at 3-1, but Tucson scored three runs, two earned, in the seventh and then plated four more in the eighth to put the game away.
Eric Hurley (7-7) took the loss for Salt Lake, as he went 61?3 innings and allowed six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with two strikeouts and one walk.
Meanwhile, the Bees managed just five hits off of three Tucson hurlers, including former Salt Lake pitcher Matt Palmer (5-4), who earned the win by giving up just one run on four hits. Jimenez' RBI double extended his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Matt Long singled in the fifth inning to extend his streak to six games.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Wednesday through Sunday vs. Tacoma
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 139
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 58
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 38
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18