TUCSON, Ariz. — The Tucson Padres broke open a close game with seven runs over the seventh and eighth innings, helping them roll to a 10-1 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Monday night.
Luis Jimenez' RBI double in the sixth got the Bees to within two runs at 3-1, but Tucson scored three runs, two earned, in the seventh and then plated four more in the eighth to put the game away.
Eric Hurley (7-7) took the loss for Salt Lake, as he went 61?3 innings and allowed six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with two strikeouts and one walk.
Meanwhile, the Bees managed just five hits off of three Tucson hurlers, including former Salt Lake pitcher Matt Palmer (5-4), who earned the win by giving up just one run on four hits. Jimenez' RBI double extended his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Matt Long singled in the fifth inning to extend his streak to six games.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: Wednesday through Sunday vs. Tacoma
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters BYU's...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to avoid...
- Jabari to the Jazz? Fans react to Parker's...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 69
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 55
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 51
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 48
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24