WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is planning a trip to Israel this summer.
An aide to Romney confirms that a trip is being planned. No details are immediately available about exactly when and where the candidate will visit.
A trip to Israel would be designed in part to help Romney shore up support among Jewish voters, evangelical voters and conservatives.
During the Republican presidential primary, Romney accused President Barack Obama of throwing Israel, in his words, "under the bus." Romney has also said that his policy toward the Jewish state would be the opposite of Obama's.
The New York Times first reported plans of the visit.
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6