SETTLEMENT: Apple has paid $60 million to settle a dispute in China over ownership of the iPad name.
SIGNIFICANCE: That removes a potential obstacle to sales of the popular tablet computer in the key Chinese market.
THE DISPUTE: Apple Inc. says it bought the global rights to the iPad name from Proview in 2009 but Chinese authorities say the rights in China were never transferred. A Chinese court ruled in December that Proview still owned the name in China.
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- 10 celebrities who lost the budget battle to...
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- US auto sales sizzle in July, helped by...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Report: More acidic seawater poses... 3