SETTLEMENT: Apple has paid $60 million to settle a dispute in China over ownership of the iPad name.
SIGNIFICANCE: That removes a potential obstacle to sales of the popular tablet computer in the key Chinese market.
THE DISPUTE: Apple Inc. says it bought the global rights to the iPad name from Proview in 2009 but Chinese authorities say the rights in China were never transferred. A Chinese court ruled in December that Proview still owned the name in China.
- Join the crowds by listing your home in spring
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Why some handsome men have trouble finding work
- Suit challenges HollyFrontier Refinery expansion
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Corinthian Colleges closes all 28 remaining...
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 5
- Suit challenges HollyFrontier Refinery... 4
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 2
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1
- Greece under fire from creditors as... 1