SETTLEMENT: Apple has paid $60 million to settle a dispute in China over ownership of the iPad name.
SIGNIFICANCE: That removes a potential obstacle to sales of the popular tablet computer in the key Chinese market.
THE DISPUTE: Apple Inc. says it bought the global rights to the iPad name from Proview in 2009 but Chinese authorities say the rights in China were never transferred. A Chinese court ruled in December that Proview still owned the name in China.
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Family fun with the top down at unique RV resort
- How to be a billionaire
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3