TUCSON, Ariz. — The Bees jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the second inning, but could not hang on as the Tucson Padres rallied for a 10-6 win over Salt Lake on Sunday night.
Matt Long put the Bees in front with a two-run triple and later scored on a wild pitch. Tucson came back with two in the second off of Angels' pitcher Jerome Williams, who was with Salt Lake on a Major League injury rehab assignment.
In the third, a single and error put two runners on base before Anthony Contreras singled in the tying run. Andy Parrino then put the Padres ahead to stay with a long three run homer to right field.
The next batter, Jedd Gyorko, knocked Williams out of the game with a line drive off of his right forearm. Williams (0-1) took the loss, as he allowed six runs, five earned, on eight hits.
Efren Navarro led the Bees with three hits, while Matt Long added two hits and two runs batted in.
Reliever Bobby Cassevah got roughed up in a relief appearance as well.
In short: Angels' pitcher Jerome Williams, down with the club on a rehab assignment, gave up six runs on eight hits on his way to the loss. Efren Navarro led the Bees with three hits.
Up next: at Tucson, 8:05 p.m. today
Next homestand: July 4-8 vs. Tacoma
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 95
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 30
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21