ORLANDO, Fla. — New Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan has met face-to-face with Dwight Howard, but the team isn't commenting on what was discussed.
Team spokesman Joel Glass confirmed a meeting between Hennigan and Howard, but declined to discuss any particulars from it. Howard is in California, rehabbing a late-season back surgery.
Yahoo Sports and ESPN.com have reported that Howard reissued a preseason trade request in that meeting and listed the Brooklyn Nets as his preferred destination.
Hennigan said last week he wanted to keep all discussions with Howard confidential, and ownership has told him only to do what is in the best interest of the organization concerning Howard.
Howard gave up the opt-out clause in his contract last season and is under contract in Orlando through the 2012-13 season.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24