WASHINGTON — Chris Pontius scored at the 45-minute mark of the first half and Robbie Russell and Hamdi Salihi added second-half goals and DC United blanked the Montreal Impact 3-0 Saturday night.
United (10-5-3) took sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference with 33 points.
The expansion Impact (5-10-3) managed just one shot on goal.
SOUNDERS 2, REVOLUTION 2: At Foxborough, Mass., Diego Fagundez headed home a cross from Fernando Cardenas in the fourth and final minute of stoppage time and New England pulled into a tie with Seattle.
The 17-year old Fagundez's first goal of the season extended an unbeaten streak to four matches (2-0-2) for New England (5-7-4).
Eddie Johnson headed home a pair of goals within a 13-minute span during the first half for Seattle (7-5-5), which had extended its winless streak to eight matches (0-4-4).
RED BULLS 1, TORONTO FC 1: At Toronto, Danny Koevermans scored and Toronto FC earned a tie with New York.
Both goals came in the first six minutes of a wide-open game.
Toronto (2-10-3) is 1-1-3 under Paul Mariner, who succeeded Aron Winter as head coach.
DYNAMO 2, UNION 1: At Houston, Brian Ching scored on a penalty kick in the 83rd minute as Houston (6-5-5) won for the second time in its past four games, while Philadelphia (3-9-2) has lost three of the past four games.
RAPIDS 3, TIMBERS 0: At Commerce, Colo., Jaime Castrillon and Conor Casey scored four minutes apart in the first half and Colorado defeated Portland.
It was Casey's first goal of the year. Colorado (7-8-1) snapped a two-game losing streak with the win.
EARTHQUAKES 4, GALAXY 3: At Palo Alto, Calif., Chris Wondolowski scored his MLS-leading 14th goal to cap a wild comeback from a 3-1 deficit in the first half.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 115
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 64
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 48
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33