Losing it: Another reunion could give Jazz the right touch
The Jazz are excited to see what the future holds for youngsters Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks on the wing, and they like what small forward DeMarre Carroll brought to the court last year, especially with his defensive intensity.
Utah tendered a qualifying offer to third-year forward Jeremy Evans, giving the Jazz a chance to match any other teams' potential offer to the seldom-used 2012 NBA dunk champion.
The Jazz could be short in wing experience if they lose Bell, considering the free-agency statuses of C.J. Miles and Josh Howard. Both Miles and Howard expressed interest in returning to Utah, but it's uncertain whether the Jazz will reciprocate the unrestricted free agents' wishes with contract offers. Late in the 2011-12 season, however, O'Connor made it clear they'd consider bringing Howard back because of the contributions and experience the revived NBA player provided Utah.
O'Connor was unable to be reached for comment on Saturday.
Without factoring in their interest in coming to Utah (or vice-versa), some possible mid-level-range shooters on the market include: Jason Terry (Dallas), Ray Allen (Boston), O.J. Mayo (Memphis), Nick Young (Washington), Danny Green (San Antonio) and Courtney Lee (Houston), among others.
Or, heck, after giving Howard and Tinsley chances to resurrect their careers last season, it's a big stretch but could the Jazz take a flyer on ex-Blazer Brandon Roy?
There's also a stellar European small forward free agent from Russia, who enjoyed his 10-year stay in Utah. It also seems to be a stretch, but could the Jazz and Andrei Kirilenko reunite?
Who knows for now.
Let the rumor season begin.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 71
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 34