Losing it: Another reunion could give Jazz the right touch
The Jazz are excited to see what the future holds for youngsters Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks on the wing, and they like what small forward DeMarre Carroll brought to the court last year, especially with his defensive intensity.
Utah tendered a qualifying offer to third-year forward Jeremy Evans, giving the Jazz a chance to match any other teams' potential offer to the seldom-used 2012 NBA dunk champion.
The Jazz could be short in wing experience if they lose Bell, considering the free-agency statuses of C.J. Miles and Josh Howard. Both Miles and Howard expressed interest in returning to Utah, but it's uncertain whether the Jazz will reciprocate the unrestricted free agents' wishes with contract offers. Late in the 2011-12 season, however, O'Connor made it clear they'd consider bringing Howard back because of the contributions and experience the revived NBA player provided Utah.
O'Connor was unable to be reached for comment on Saturday.
Without factoring in their interest in coming to Utah (or vice-versa), some possible mid-level-range shooters on the market include: Jason Terry (Dallas), Ray Allen (Boston), O.J. Mayo (Memphis), Nick Young (Washington), Danny Green (San Antonio) and Courtney Lee (Houston), among others.
Or, heck, after giving Howard and Tinsley chances to resurrect their careers last season, it's a big stretch but could the Jazz take a flyer on ex-Blazer Brandon Roy?
There's also a stellar European small forward free agent from Russia, who enjoyed his 10-year stay in Utah. It also seems to be a stretch, but could the Jazz and Andrei Kirilenko reunite?
Who knows for now.
Let the rumor season begin.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20