Losing it: Another reunion could give Jazz the right touch
The Jazz are excited to see what the future holds for youngsters Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks on the wing, and they like what small forward DeMarre Carroll brought to the court last year, especially with his defensive intensity.
Utah tendered a qualifying offer to third-year forward Jeremy Evans, giving the Jazz a chance to match any other teams' potential offer to the seldom-used 2012 NBA dunk champion.
The Jazz could be short in wing experience if they lose Bell, considering the free-agency statuses of C.J. Miles and Josh Howard. Both Miles and Howard expressed interest in returning to Utah, but it's uncertain whether the Jazz will reciprocate the unrestricted free agents' wishes with contract offers. Late in the 2011-12 season, however, O'Connor made it clear they'd consider bringing Howard back because of the contributions and experience the revived NBA player provided Utah.
O'Connor was unable to be reached for comment on Saturday.
Without factoring in their interest in coming to Utah (or vice-versa), some possible mid-level-range shooters on the market include: Jason Terry (Dallas), Ray Allen (Boston), O.J. Mayo (Memphis), Nick Young (Washington), Danny Green (San Antonio) and Courtney Lee (Houston), among others.
Or, heck, after giving Howard and Tinsley chances to resurrect their careers last season, it's a big stretch but could the Jazz take a flyer on ex-Blazer Brandon Roy?
There's also a stellar European small forward free agent from Russia, who enjoyed his 10-year stay in Utah. It also seems to be a stretch, but could the Jazz and Andrei Kirilenko reunite?
Who knows for now.
Let the rumor season begin.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34