Our take: With the looming fear that the earth will no longer be able to sustain her population, scientists and the like are constantly assessing the numbers and creating plans to help reduce the burden of a growing population. However, perhaps they have been looking at it all wrong.
Folks, with the exception of China's "one-child" policy, we have chosen to lower birth rates through education and voluntary decision, and it has worked.
So why is global population still rising? Part of the reason is that the critical generation for the immediate future is made up of women of child-bearing age, not new-borns, so they are drawn from an earlier period and the full impact of the above changes is delayed. But I believe the real culprit is something else lifespan.
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14