Our take: With the looming fear that the earth will no longer be able to sustain her population, scientists and the like are constantly assessing the numbers and creating plans to help reduce the burden of a growing population. However, perhaps they have been looking at it all wrong.
Folks, with the exception of China's "one-child" policy, we have chosen to lower birth rates through education and voluntary decision, and it has worked.
So why is global population still rising? Part of the reason is that the critical generation for the immediate future is made up of women of child-bearing age, not new-borns, so they are drawn from an earlier period and the full impact of the above changes is delayed. But I believe the real culprit is something else lifespan.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Spain hands out $3B in planet's biggest lottery
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 13
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 11
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8
- Obama declares 2014 'a breakthrough... 7