Read more: S.L. native Shalaya Kipp makes Olympics
Shalaya Kipp (Skyline High) — The NCAA champion made the Olympic team by placing third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase on Friday.
Miles Batty (Jordan High/BYU) — Advanced to Sunday's 1,500-meter final with the fifth fastest time in Friday's semifinals.
Chris Carter (Roy High/BYU) — Placed 17th in the prelims of the 400-meter hurdles; the top 16 advanced to the semifinals.
Jennifer Grossarth (Tooele/BYU) — Advanced to the semifinals, where she placed 11th, tying her best finish in three Olympic trials appearances.
Nachelle Mackie (Spanish Fork/BYU) — The NCAA champion placed 12th in the semifinals of the 800-meter run and failed to make the final.
Josh McAdams (BYU) — After making the Olympic team in 2008, he was a distant 12th in the finals of the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
Katie Palmer (BYU) — 13th in the semifinals of the 800-meter run.
Luke Puskedra (Judge Memorial) — 8th in the 10,000-meter run despite producing a fine time of 27:56.62.
Heidi Dahl (Mtn. View/BYU) — Failed to advance out of the prelims of the 800-meter run.
Shayla Houlihan (U. of Utah) — Failed to advance out of the prelims of the steeplechase.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 58
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 57
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35