Read more: S.L. native Shalaya Kipp makes Olympics
Shalaya Kipp (Skyline High) — The NCAA champion made the Olympic team by placing third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase on Friday.
Miles Batty (Jordan High/BYU) — Advanced to Sunday's 1,500-meter final with the fifth fastest time in Friday's semifinals.
Chris Carter (Roy High/BYU) — Placed 17th in the prelims of the 400-meter hurdles; the top 16 advanced to the semifinals.
Jennifer Grossarth (Tooele/BYU) — Advanced to the semifinals, where she placed 11th, tying her best finish in three Olympic trials appearances.
Nachelle Mackie (Spanish Fork/BYU) — The NCAA champion placed 12th in the semifinals of the 800-meter run and failed to make the final.
Josh McAdams (BYU) — After making the Olympic team in 2008, he was a distant 12th in the finals of the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
Katie Palmer (BYU) — 13th in the semifinals of the 800-meter run.
Luke Puskedra (Judge Memorial) — 8th in the 10,000-meter run despite producing a fine time of 27:56.62.
Heidi Dahl (Mtn. View/BYU) — Failed to advance out of the prelims of the 800-meter run.
Shayla Houlihan (U. of Utah) — Failed to advance out of the prelims of the steeplechase.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Perseverance pays off for Taele, a big...
- BYU football notebook: Running back position...
- BYU football: This Nephi played a role in...
- Tempers flare in Jazz's physical overtime win...
- Red and blue recruits: Utes reap recruiting...
- Morning links: ESPN takes deep dive into Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Want drama? Storylines galore?...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 60
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 52
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- Utah Utes football: The California... 27
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- Utes back in the college football... 25
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22