The only location within the city limits of LaVerkin where you may discharge fireworks is Wanless Park. For more information go to LaVerkin.org.
Pine Valley is an unincorporated city, because of this it falls under the state forester restriction and all fireworks are banned.
Fireworks are banned in the majority of St. George, including Diamond Valley. For a detailed map of the banned areas visit SGCity.org.
The use or discharge of any fireworks is prohibited in all areas of Washington located north and/or east of I-15, and all areas south of Telegraph and east of Washington Fields Rd. (300 East). No aerial fireworks may be discharged within the incorporated limits of Washington City including the approved fireworks discharge areas.
The fire chiefs and fire marshals of Weber Fire District, North View, Ogden, South Ogden Fire Departments and the Weber State University issued restrictions of fireworks and open fires on June 7 and will remain in effect until October 1. The restricted areas are all areas east Harrison Blvd. from approximately 5400 S, North to Mountain Road, north to 3300 North. Then north of 3300 North to the Ogden Brigham Canal and north of the Ogden Brigham Canal to the north county line at SR 89.
The following areas are banned from setting off fireworks:
All areas east of Harrison Boulevard from the north city boundary to the south city boundary.
All wooded areas along the River Parkway beginning at Harrison Blvd and continuing along the pathways to the west city boundary and the south city boundary. This also includes all associated parks along the River corridor.
All of Fort Buenaventura, the city baseball park and dog park area located off of A Ave.
The old landfill property located at approx. 2550 A Ave., near Fort Buenaventura.
All open fields, vacant lots, wooded areas, and brush covered hillsides throughout the city.
No fireworks are allowed above the Ogden-Brigham Canal in Pleasnt View.
Riverdale and Washington Terrace
Fireworks are banned in areas east of the Weber River on the south end of the city and extending north to include all areas east of 700 West to the River Glen subdivision. In conjunction with Washington Terrace, the restrictions include the east bench area of both cities going north to the 300 West and Riverdale Road intersection. For more information and a map go to RiverdaleCity.com.
Additional information about fire and fireworks restrictions can be found on local city and town websites, as well as the Utah Fire Marshal's list on the Utah Department of Public Safety website.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 82
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 26
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18