There are a number of areas throughout Sandy where fireworks cannot be discharged, including parks and urban interface areas. For a detailed map of the more than 30 areas where they are banned visit Sandy.Utah.gov.
Fireworks are prohibited within a city or county park or open space without a permit, within 200 feet of the natural vegetation border of the Bingham Creek open space and trail system and within 200 feet of the western boundary of the Jordan River Parkway. For more information go to SJC.Utah.gov.
Fireworks are prohibited in most parks and wildland urban interface areas. For a map of the restricted areas visit the Utah Fire Marshals restricted fireworks list and click on the Taylorsville link.
West Jordan (Bingham Creek)
Fireworks restricted in all areas within 200 feet of Bingham Creek. Located near Old Bingham Hghway running the length of the east/west boundaries within West Jordan. Fireworks are also banned in the Clay Hollow Wash.
West Valley City
Fireworks are banned in areas of the city that are west of Utah 111.
All fireworks have been banned within the city limits of Ephraim. For more information visit EphraimCity.org.
Discharge of any and all fireworks are prohibited within city limits.
All fireworks, as of July 1, are banned in Coalville. The city has also decided to cancel its fireworks show because of the fire danger.
Fireworks are banned in all canyon and trail areas in Park City as well in the following areas:
Bear Hollow Subdivision.
Deer Valley Area.
Jeremy Ranch Subdivision.
Moose Hollow Area.
Park City Mountain Resort.
Round Valley Area.
Silver Creek Area.
Stage Coach Estates.
Summit Park Area.
Sun Peak Area.
West side of Old Town.
Any areas that contain dry grass or that may lead to the quick spread of fire.
The city of Alpine has banned all fireworks within city limits.
Fireworks and fire within the town limits are restricted.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- 'I feel like I do deserve to be here,' Dea...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 25
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 19