Mitt Romney needs to get better spokespeople on his side, or even the ones who were planning on voting for him may change their minds.
Matthew Burbank, speaking about the retreat to reward big donors this weekend, stated on the front page of this newspaper that "there won't be any average Utahns there at all, unless they're serving food or something" (Who's who of GOP elite coming to Utah for weekend retreat with Romney donors," June 1). Please remember that it is the average Utahns that will be voting for or against Romney in this upcoming election, and even though we are average, we should be held up to some credibility. We're not the hired help.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 55
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20