Kole Calhoun has made tremendous strides in his first season in a Bees uniform.
The PCL brass thought so as well, and named the outfielder to the 2012 PCL All-Star Team.
It's been a solid June for Calhoun, who is hitting .371 with 18 RBIs and four home runs. The 24-year-old has ended a long-standing home run power outage at Spring Mobile Ballpark, since his return from the first stint with the Los Angeles Angels.
With the Halos, Calhoun hit .250 with a stolen base and a double.
Calhoun was named the Angels Organization's Minor League Player of the Year in 2011, and is making huge strides to get another call-up with the team.
The 25th annual Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, N.Y., where the PCL squad will battle the International League All-Stars. The series is currently fairly close, with the IL leading at 8-6. The first 10 contests featured only PCL players from both the National League affiliates against those from the American League.
NOTEBOOK: The Bees are on currently on a four game win streak, and will be back in Salt Lake on July 4th when they begin a five-game home stand versus Tacoma.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 24
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21