Kole Calhoun has made tremendous strides in his first season in a Bees uniform.
The PCL brass thought so as well, and named the outfielder to the 2012 PCL All-Star Team.
It's been a solid June for Calhoun, who is hitting .371 with 18 RBIs and four home runs. The 24-year-old has ended a long-standing home run power outage at Spring Mobile Ballpark, since his return from the first stint with the Los Angeles Angels.
With the Halos, Calhoun hit .250 with a stolen base and a double.
Calhoun was named the Angels Organization's Minor League Player of the Year in 2011, and is making huge strides to get another call-up with the team.
The 25th annual Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, N.Y., where the PCL squad will battle the International League All-Stars. The series is currently fairly close, with the IL leading at 8-6. The first 10 contests featured only PCL players from both the National League affiliates against those from the American League.
NOTEBOOK: The Bees are on currently on a four game win streak, and will be back in Salt Lake on July 4th when they begin a five-game home stand versus Tacoma.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41