Kole Calhoun has made tremendous strides in his first season in a Bees uniform.
The PCL brass thought so as well, and named the outfielder to the 2012 PCL All-Star Team.
It's been a solid June for Calhoun, who is hitting .371 with 18 RBIs and four home runs. The 24-year-old has ended a long-standing home run power outage at Spring Mobile Ballpark, since his return from the first stint with the Los Angeles Angels.
With the Halos, Calhoun hit .250 with a stolen base and a double.
Calhoun was named the Angels Organization's Minor League Player of the Year in 2011, and is making huge strides to get another call-up with the team.
The 25th annual Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, N.Y., where the PCL squad will battle the International League All-Stars. The series is currently fairly close, with the IL leading at 8-6. The first 10 contests featured only PCL players from both the National League affiliates against those from the American League.
NOTEBOOK: The Bees are on currently on a four game win streak, and will be back in Salt Lake on July 4th when they begin a five-game home stand versus Tacoma.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 75
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34