Kole Calhoun has made tremendous strides in his first season in a Bees uniform.
The PCL brass thought so as well, and named the outfielder to the 2012 PCL All-Star Team.
It's been a solid June for Calhoun, who is hitting .371 with 18 RBIs and four home runs. The 24-year-old has ended a long-standing home run power outage at Spring Mobile Ballpark, since his return from the first stint with the Los Angeles Angels.
With the Halos, Calhoun hit .250 with a stolen base and a double.
Calhoun was named the Angels Organization's Minor League Player of the Year in 2011, and is making huge strides to get another call-up with the team.
The 25th annual Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, N.Y., where the PCL squad will battle the International League All-Stars. The series is currently fairly close, with the IL leading at 8-6. The first 10 contests featured only PCL players from both the National League affiliates against those from the American League.
NOTEBOOK: The Bees are on currently on a four game win streak, and will be back in Salt Lake on July 4th when they begin a five-game home stand versus Tacoma.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 103
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 38
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26