Kole Calhoun has made tremendous strides in his first season in a Bees uniform.
The PCL brass thought so as well, and named the outfielder to the 2012 PCL All-Star Team.
It's been a solid June for Calhoun, who is hitting .371 with 18 RBIs and four home runs. The 24-year-old has ended a long-standing home run power outage at Spring Mobile Ballpark, since his return from the first stint with the Los Angeles Angels.
With the Halos, Calhoun hit .250 with a stolen base and a double.
Calhoun was named the Angels Organization's Minor League Player of the Year in 2011, and is making huge strides to get another call-up with the team.
The 25th annual Triple-A All-Star Game is July 11th at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo, N.Y., where the PCL squad will battle the International League All-Stars. The series is currently fairly close, with the IL leading at 8-6. The first 10 contests featured only PCL players from both the National League affiliates against those from the American League.
NOTEBOOK: The Bees are on currently on a four game win streak, and will be back in Salt Lake on July 4th when they begin a five-game home stand versus Tacoma.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 94
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 77
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 56
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20